Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Yay 10 gallon! Fishy Friends?

I have Mr. Tiberius in his 10 gal with 3 ADF. Are there any fishy friends I could add in? No shrimp or cories please, or platies and neons. I already have these guys in a 50 gal. Any ideas? Has anyone had white clouds, wait they are coldwater huh? Thanks so much!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #2 
Zeetrain

White Clouds arent exactly a cold water fish but do thrive in water the ranges from 60 to 72 degrees fahrenheit. Ive read that haveing them in a tank that is around 78 may shorten there life and a possibility that it can cause health issues.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #3 
Phoxly

Black Phantom Tetras (: love those little buggers, and they love my betta lol. A good 5 or 7 would be awesome. I had 5 in mine, but 1 died (runt) and the remaining 4 are doin great with my betta and julii cories.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #4 
puppyrjjkm

What about harlequin rasboras? I heard they are very picky with water quality, but also heard they are hardy...
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #5 
fishman12

you cuold maybe try shrimp or snails. your betta might eat the shrimp, but maybe not. snails help a lot with cleaning the algae, but the do put out waste.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #6 
Nikita

Quote:
Black Phantom Tetras (: love those little buggers, and they love my betta lol. A good 5 or 7 would be awesome. I had 5 in mine, but 1 died (runt) and the remaining 4 are doin great with my betta and julii cories.
how much are they? what do they eat? i have a ten gallon that was divided but i just opened it up so there is one betta in it but i want tank mates.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #7 
Phoxly

I got 5 of them for $5 at petco lol. They are about $1.50 each, very hardy too. They eat my betta flakes (the reason I went back to the flakes was cause they eat whatever he misses). They will also eat a whole hikari betta pellet, and bloodworms. They eat lots of stuff.

They are pretty entertaining too, I have 1 male and 3 females. Females are kinda red like a serpae tetra, while males are silvery with the phantom eye on the side. They do a sort of courtship thing too between the male and a female, or if you have 2-3 males they will sort of "play fight" I have heard, and try to win over the females lol. They get about 1.25 - 1.50"
Old 09-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #8 
Nikita

cool, don't you worry about fish babies? i think i may want some black phantom tetras, i feed my bettas pellets and blood worms.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #9 
Phoxly

I don't think they spawn/breed unless the conditions are just right. I also like Von Rio Flame Tetras :) they are kinda the same, but their reddish orange color might get your betta angry at them lol.