Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

OK, guys, let's get back to helping this person to raise their fry properly. There is no need to blame or criticize anyone. What's done is done.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #32 
JKfish

I haven't seen anyone post this, so I will.

If you don't have live food on hand at the moment, I've heard that people have had sucess with spawns by boiling eggs and taking maybe a pinch from the yellow yolk and crumbling it into the water for the fry to eat. Note that when you use this, you have to carefully vacc the remains off the bottom as to prevent any serious build up of bad bacteria.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #33 
sdg30064

Unhappy

Unfortunately the fry didn't survive, aparrently I removed the male to soon.

Now the 10gal has been cleaned and set up as a divided tank for our 2 females, and the male has been moved to his own private 2.5 oasis.
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #34 
betta99

Personally, I wouldn't have the heart to trash the fry, but you might need to. Either you kill them painlessly right now, let them suffer and die on their own, or raise them correctly and have no place to store and sell the fish. The first option might be the most reasonable answer for an unexperienced and unprepared betta breeder. But if you do have the money and time, do tons of research as fast as you can, and buy all necessary supplies. Don't try to see if you can skip confusing and complicated steps in the process of raising fry, they're all important. Also, I agree with JKFish. You can use other things besides live food for now, but when you get the time I highly recommend buying or starting a live food hatchery.

P.S. Don't listen to the harsh comments. Some people may get ticked off but you're new to bettas (or betta breeding at the very least), and made a mistake that hopefully wont happen again. Breeding bettas is pretty cool, but it's costly and time consuming.

EDIT: Oh, didn't see that last post. Well R.I.P. fry :(

Last edited by betta99; 09-10-2010 at 06:40 PM.
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #35 
JKfish

:( Well, unfortunately, that was almost expected. I'm sorry.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #36 
sdg30064

Im taking the Knowledge i gained through the experience to educate the fish people at our local petsmart so they can edgucate others, mater of fact one of the employees husband was messing with their tank and went ooh this comes out and pulled out the divider and their fish mated so im telling her everything i know and gave her this web address so she can make out better.
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote