Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #21 
fishmadcraig

I'm sorry if i come accross as rude, but how do they allow you to sell fish in the store when you clearly don't know enough just yet to be advising people that come in to buy fish from you?

Keep learning and you'l soon pick it all up, though. :)

Last edited by fishmadcraig; 09-11-2010 at 06:09 PM.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #22 
firefly0101

@ Alex09
Apparently, if putting the Cycle product (with the Ammonia consuming bacteria) counts as "cycling" then that's what I did.
@fishman12
Thank you! I finally found a hood for it, so it's awesome! And he's making his buuble nest! (WOO!)
@fishmadcraig
Really, I haven't had a formal fish training. I've had formal filter media training and fish supplies training. The rest is what I've heard from my coworkers and the little that I've read from the Betta handbooks. It's mostly confidence. If I can persuade a customer to buy a fish, and they have questions, I'll grab one of the other girls that works in the fish room, or I'll grab Allie from the animal room. It's a job, and I probably won't be there all my life. And now, after joining this site, my coworkers call me "The Paranoid Betta Fish Owner". For some reason or another... XP
firefly0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #23 
CodeRed

Unfortunately, just putting the cycling stuff in doesn't automatically cycle it. Cycling is when you have beneficial bacteria in the tank evened out, to create a more natural aquarium. It takes quite a while to happen, sometimes months depending on the tank size. It requires a filter to cycle it, and I can't imagine a 1/4 gallon tank having a filter o.o It's worth it in the end, but I can't imagine a tank smaller than a gallon cycling, and even then it'd be extremely iffy.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #24 
firefly0101

That's why he's in the 5 gallon now. He's much happier there.
firefly0101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon tank, ipond