Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #1 
anglnarnld

3 bettas, 1tank, 1 divider what to do??

Heard you cant have afemale and male together dk what to do.. I got two males on each side of my 10g. I got a female with a male on one side, just wondering if I should have my girl take turns on each side??
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #2 
Jupiter

No! Don't mix males and females. They will rip each other apart. Split the tank into 3 sections instead, so each betta gets its own space.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #3 
anglnarnld

Omg I just said I only have one divider!! I cant!! Next time read it more carefully!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

They mean get your parents to buy you a new divider, it's very important. The girl needs her own space and fast! Being in the water with the boys will make the male with her try to constantly mate with her, which will tire her out and she will fight back, and when bettas fight it gets nasty and they could kill each other. Bettas also release hormones into the water, you could end up with a worse situation where the other male jumps the divider and all three are on one side..YIKES!

Separate them somehow, even if she has to stay in a vase until you can get her a new home/new divider!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #5 
Posaune

OMG! You can! Go buy a new divider. OR Go buy a new tank, heater, gravel, and decorations....wonder what's cheaper? :\
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #6 
anglnarnld

I cant Im broke!!! Hello, I said I cant like 5 times!!! Im just gonna put her in my critter keeper
Old 10-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

Talk to your parents, tell them your fish very well could die if you don't get the new divider, they aren't TOO expensive, offer to do chores to pay them back

but anyway.. Just try. It's very important! The critter keeper will do for now, but she'll need her own set up or a divider ASAP!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #8 
celine18

excuse me, but you're being quite rude. they're only trying to help get you out of a bad situation that you shouldn't of put yourself in in the first place. stop attaking them and listen. they're giving you good advice. if you're not going to listen, then you shouldn't of posted in the first place. play nice k? thanks.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #9 
anglnarnld

Actually I didnt know okay, Im sorry if I was being rude but I didnt know at the time okay? So chill out
Old 10-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #10 
purplemuffin

Everyone else here is chill, we're fine. Calm down, we're trying to help. We know you didn't know it was wrong, that's why we're telling you how to fix the problem before your fish get hurt/killed