Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #11 
zelilaa

OMG!! i hate betta bowls, but i couldnt help bursting out laughing when i saw the second one, the one with ruffles, because my cousin's betta lives in the same one! I'm giving him a 2 gallon thingie i have though for christmas. Lets hope his betta doesnt grow until then! Right now he has a really small fuchsia & white dragon double tail. Its only 1 inch, and GORGEOUS. I hope it continues to survive in the little bowl until Christmas when i give him the new bowl.
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #12 
TharBePirates

Lord those are terrible, yet you can pretty much buy them EVERYWHERE. They're no better than the cups the poor guys are housed in.

When I bought Jeffery for Roommate this weekend, the lady who rung me up was in awe that I had a 2 gallon setup waiting for him back home! She said most people don't get something that BIG because the fish are used to living in PUDDLES I can't understand how people can think that smaller is better for any living thing. Would you rather live in a bathroom stall or a house???

2.5 and 2 gallons for my currently cycling setup and Jeffery's setup, I'd never go any smaller. Even at 2 gal it's still fairly small and good in limited shelf/table space, and the fish adores the amount of space he has.
TharBePirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #13 
meeka

Thats soooo sad. One of the pet shops in my area have them all lined up in glass jars and another one in teeny tiny takeaway containers all stacked on top of each other.

No wonder people think its ok to keep them in vases and stuff when they see this in the stores.

At least our ones have lovely homes
meeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #14 
ForbiddenSecrets

Oh I know right? I was at the LPS today with my friend to pick up some more conditioner for her boy and I was holding this monstrosity [below] in my hand when a employee came up to me and told me she liked that torture box because it was 'neat' to see two so close like that.

I told her I thought it was a disgusting box I'd never put my baby in alone let alone two. XD She looked a bit startled but... really now >>;; (On that note I wasn't rude about it, I just was honest but kind)

Last edited by ForbiddenSecrets; 09-08-2010 at 12:29 AM.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #15 
Alex09

Someone calls this art?

Last edited by Alex09; 09-08-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #16 
Capricorn

Those are all horrifying.. :c Just as bad as the half-spheres you can mount on your wall..
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #17 
Lion Mom

Poor guy/s!!!

I would LOVE to find a male veil tail in that shade of blue (the one in the light bulb thingy), but can't seem to find one! :(

BTW, how do you get him out of that thing to clean it?????
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #18 
ReyesBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Poor guy/s!!!

I would LOVE to find a male veil tail in that shade of blue (the one in the light bulb thingy), but can't seem to find one! :(

BTW, how do you get him out of that thing to clean it?????
Probably can't. Afterall according to petstores tell everyone "bettas dont need very much food, once or twice a month is ok." and "they thrive in dirty water and as long as its above freezing their ok."
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #19 
Capricorn

@Reyes; omfg, the 'above freezing' thing is EXACTLY what the guy told my mother when she asked if I really needed to buy a heater. >.> Thank goodness I did my research.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #20 
ReyesBetta

Petstores are horrible. :(
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote