Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

(Blue Sand, Planted Betta tank!!.. "Must See"

So about a month or two ago I remember some of us talking about sand!!.. And I put picture's up of my aquarium's that have black sand in them. Then I said I can get it in blue and white also.
So anyway I will get to the point I just set my girl's 1.5 filtered with light's and all, Iy's only a 10.00 dollar tank. Anyway I got a 3.00 dollar 5lbs bag of blue sand and took some picture's for everyone so they can get a idea of what it look's like!!.. I will post better picture's later, The light wasn't working right, But you can get the picture. So I hope everyone like's....

OH THE SAND JUST GOT PUT INTO THE TANK SO IT STILL HAS SOME AIR BUBBLES ON THE SURFACE OF THE SAND JUST LITTLE BUBBLES HERE AND THERE, THEY WILL GO AWAY ONCE EVERYTHING SETTLES DOWN!!.. JUST MAKE'S IT LOOK LIKE IT'S NOT REALLY FINE SAND BUT IT IS TRUST ME. IT DON'T HELP THAT THE OUTSIDE OF THE TANK IS NOT CLEAN AS IT COULD BE!!..

FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #2 
FloridaBettas239

Okay now that it's been 24 hour's since I set it up!!.. So I am going to be dropping a betta into it today and I will put some more better picture's. Plus all the sand has most likely setteled down and you can see how it looks with a fish in it.... Im sure she is going to pick one of my line breeder's, she alway's like's to take them and try to make them her pet....
Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #3 
weluvbettas

I really like the sand! I didnt know you could get blue sand. :)
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #4 
vaygirl

That's a really nice blue. My bedroom is painted almost the same color. It looks really nice with the green of the plants. I think java fern would look really pretty in there with it's bright green.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #5 
FloridaBettas239

Yeah I just wanted it to get up and running and I alway's put live plants to try and make the most natural inviorment. All them plants are is a peice of the rizime root of amazon sword and Some anacharis I had around that I put some plant weights on. I plan on ordering another 25.00 dollar mat of java fern, I sold a bunch to a friend and now wish I didn't and don't feel like waiting on some of mine to grow out. Plus I use it in my breeding tanks..
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #6 
Omega3

PRETTY! I want some!

The dino says, "Help, I'm trapped! Aaaahhh...choke...cough" Teehee.
Omega3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

Great tank set up, the sand is awesome! I have that same tank :P
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote