Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #1 
ForbiddenSecrets

Dang you Aquabid TT.TT

So - I have this bad habit of having all of my pets in twos. Two cats, two dogs [belonging to my parents as the family got them], two rats [about ten years ago may they RIP], and at the moment I have one darling fishie.

So of course I want the second.

Being bored as I am waiting for my girlfriend to get off work I decide to paw though aquabid and of course.... I fall head over heels in love with a stunning Halfmoon. TT.TT I work hard for my money so I could work up the cash for another tank and everything for him... but the cost of getting him shipped in alone is near astounding.

*sighs* This happen to anyone else?
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

There is always one I want on aquabid I don't really look at them anymore though cause I know I can't get them and it's torture, I ran out of room for tanks lol. Remember there is always another fish, although someone on here told me that and I went back to my petco and the same fish I wanted was there for about a month so I got him and Diego lol.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #3 
ForbiddenSecrets

I have such a weakness for pretty halfmoons - always have. The only reason my boy that I have is a VT is because he managed to call out to me. <3

I'd love to get a pretty HM but none of the pet stores near my home sell them or if they do they are the saddest looking fish TT.TT

I almost had a lovely white/red double tail but the tank I got decided to defecto
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #4 
metalbetta

I'm eyeing a few females on aquabid right now for my sorority. But with bills and rent and responsibilities and stuff.... it's either... electricity, or another fish? lol I'm working to save up for a nice aquabid girl or two. We'll see though. It's always so tempting to click "bid" though!!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #5 
LoveSGSE

Remember guys, dont buy what you can't afford. I ended up in a debt from buying a competition fish.
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #6 
ForbiddenSecrets

@LoveSGSE

Oh yeah, only reason I haven't gotten the fish. I could take care of him, sure, but /getting/ him would be as much as getting him a tank and the set up o.o Ouch.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #7 
metalbetta

Yeah I've been holding off from buying the sorority tank, or any more fish for it... since it's that time of the month. BILLS, I mean. lol...
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #8 
naturegirl243

Yeah I was proveing what good restrain I had then a few weeks later I was like so guess what everyone I got two new fish lmao.It happens I would get a tank set up before you get a fish though just my opinion that what I do unless it's a rescue mission.I have a huge weakness for halfmoons but I still have never owned one but I want to own everyone I see lol I guess I technically own two but they are HMPK.Maybe you could get a sad looking halfmoon and make it not so sad looking anymore? It would probably be cheaper and sad fish can recover you should look in my album of my fish Mizu he was sad looking I thought his tail would never grow, but now not so much lol.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #9 
ForbiddenSecrets

Oh wow I just looked at Mizu's album and that is an amazing recovery. c:

I still miss the double tail I had to take back because my second tank broke just as I got him he was so tiny and spunky and stunning. I had named him Red Death [it was a joke] and just called him Thrax XD

I can only hope he found a loving home.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #10 
naturegirl243

Thank you, He probably got a good home and hopefully you can get another one soon.