Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

My new old 5 gal tank!

So tonight I decided to pull out the old 5 gal from when we used to have fish a long time ago since I found it a little while ago.There was alot of cleaning but it's going to be Anardils new tank once it cycles.For those of you who read my other thread I decided to cycle the tank.So this is my process by pictures the plants in there are very soft plastic and a bio-orb ball the green plant is live it's an Agentine Sword I just got today.I had to get pink gravel to match I wanted orange gravel but do you know how hard it is to find neon orange gravel there was natural but I decided to get pink for my manly man lol.Basically everything matches the fish there are two more plants in his current tank I am going to put in there and I will get some sort of decor for in there.So here are the pictures so far.

Dirty tank with gravel as old as the hills,Then we have a fresh cleaned tank with no more old gravel oh and yes that is Anardils tank in the background of these lol,then we have the fully decorated tank filled with water,Then we have the new tank before I put the filter in and the current tank with the lucky fish who will hopefully stop bitting his tail.Then just a picture of Anardil swimming around his tail is sad looking now.
Attached Images

naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #2 
Alex09

Nice fish :)

Sorry for the off topic - but is that a bath and body works apple scented hand soap behind your tank in pic 2? If so I have like 20 of those in my house lol.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #3 
naturegirl243

lol yes it is I LOVE there apple sented soap I liked the old "country apple" better though but this stuff is nice
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #4 
naturegirl243

So my mom decided she can't stand having two tanks next to each other in her kitchin.So somtime today I have to put him in the new tank.So I guess I am doing a fish in cycle I am nervous since it's my first time doing one but I am happy I put the live plant in there now.How often should I do water changes during this?
Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #5 
Jayy

I looks great soo far!! I toatally under the mom thing. Mine made me move my kritter keeps off the counter. Moms.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #6 
fishman12

The tank looks great! :)
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #7 
naturegirl243

Thanks guys, lol and yes moms she freaks out if I do anything with fish anymore.He is in the tank now and loving it so I think he approves.