Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #21 
Capricorn

I'm feeding mine the New Life Spectrum betta formula... it's actually sort of pricey compared to the other brands I saw at the store, but I always check the ingredients on food I feed any of my animals and this is the one that had the least amount of "filler" in it. They're pellets that I soak for a minute or two in tank water, and he snaps them right up.

I actually have the container in front of my so I could get the name and he's going crazy thinking he's being fed again, haha.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #22 
Kitty Whiskers

Welcome! Your fish is very pretty. Good luck with your new Betta :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #23 
BeccaBoo

Capricorn, I'll see if they sell that brand at my pet store, I think the food I have is the kind they fed him while he was in his little cup...maybe it brings back bad memories.

And thank you Kitty Whiskers!
BeccaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #24 
Capricorn

Haha, maybe, Becca.

There's some food by the brand Hikarisomething that a lot of people on the forums use as well, I just couldn't find it where I live. e.e
Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #25 
BeccaBoo

Well, now I'm thinking he may not like the food.

I dropped a pellet in the tank and I thought he ate it but then, he spit it back out. I tried 3 more times and he did the exact same thing. I don't know if it's the brand of food or if he would prefer flakes instead.

But on the bright side, at least he's tasting the food now instead of ignoring it...that's progress, right?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #26 
Capricorn

Yep! Haha. My guy did the same with blood worms, but now he sort of eats some of them. xD
Old 09-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #27 
BeccaBoo

Are blood worms something you can feed a betta everyday? I've seen some people say that they can cause your betta to bloat. Maybe I can buy some and just see if they will tempt him to eat something.

I had to go ahead and clean his gravel and do a 50% water change tonight because of all of the uneaten food that had fallen to the bottom of the tank. I feel so bad because I think he was finally starting to feel comfortable. Poor guy.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #28 
UrsMyrick

Welcome to the forum! Your tank looks great and your fish is very pretty! I'm sure he likes to have all of those hiding places.
UrsMyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #29 
BeccaBoo

Thanks, UrsMyrick! Yeah he definitely loves swimming through the plants and hiding up under them to sleep.

But his newest discovery and favorite thing to do is swim through the openings on the Eiffel Tower decoration. He'll also sit in the opening a pop his head out through the other side and look around. So all you see his this little betta head poking out of the Eiffel Tower...so cute!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bloodworms should only be fed as a once or twice a week snack.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote