Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #11 
Waterbottle2

how long do i let it run? After I geta nitrate reading then what? Like after it cycles and nitrate is showing up in the test kit what do I do?
Also someone in my home is very good with this kind of stuff. They are a chemist so i'll definetely be asking for help from them aswell. The thing is they know nothing of cycling tanks hehe.
Also thanks again so much
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #12 
Waterbottle2

oh dang also i'm not sure which type of lights i have for my betas? is there a certain type to get? it came with the tank
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #13 
Waterbottle2

Just spent well over 100 on my two boys. Getting them ina divided 10g soon :) Gotta buy a few more things though lol any suggestions? Oh and any suggestions on plants? They already have a few but since there will be more space I'd love to put in more plants.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #14 
meeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbottle2 View Post
how long do i let it run? After I geta nitrate reading then what? Like after it cycles and nitrate is showing up in the test kit what do I do?
Also someone in my home is very good with this kind of stuff. They are a chemist so i'll definetely be asking for help from them aswell. The thing is they know nothing of cycling tanks hehe.
Also thanks again so much
When you get a nitrate reading - it means that your tank has cycled and that you can add your fish.

The nitrate should stay under 40ppm - and if it gets a little high a water change will lower it. Its not toxic to fish, but a level under 40 is more comfortable for them.

Im sure your light will be ok. I just have a single T8 15w sunlight tube over my aquarium, though my room is quite bright.

You will be fine testing your water. It comes with full instructions on on many drops to add to each test ect.

Sounds like your having fun setting up your new tank anyway.
meeka is offline   Reply With Quote