Betta Fish Forum banner

Pond Snail?

694 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  betta99 
#1 ·
We have a koi pond that is full of snails (not sure what kind, they came on a plant we bought) Would it be safe to put one of them in with Panini? Would I have to slowly get it used to the tank water or just be able to throw it in her tank? Could she get sick from it? We don't treat our pond with anything except barley extract and bales to help keep the water clear. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
If its a pond snail, Its considered a curse! They will plaster a tank in no time flat and they can be somewhat hard to get rid of,.. If it came from outside I sure wouldn't use it inside with a fish., Snails are a know parasite carrier,
I squish everyone of them I see!

#3 ·
I'm not an expert or anything but I'm gonna have to agree with Chicklet because its not safe to bring something in from an outside pond into your bettas habitat. Also I certainly wouldnt squish it though. Remember every animals life is just as important to them as it is yours.

#5 ·
Oh yeah, pond snails will destroy your tank. One sneaked his way into my lovely 10g on a plant I bought from an aquarium store and within a few weeks there were hundreds of snails and my glass was COVERED in egg nests. I had to completely tear down and bleach my gorgeous cycled tank to get rid of them. They are wretched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.