Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #11 
Jupiter

In a 10 gallon tank, the only thing you can keep together is a group of at least 4 females. but even then, you need to plant the tank and give them a lot of hiding spots.

You cannot mix males with females, or males with males. If you want to keep more than one betta that isn't a group of females, you can divide the tank as suggested.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #12 
zelilaa

I think you get the clear and emphasized point in all these posts:
Divide it, or forget it!
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #13 
Capricorn

I keep two males in a ten gallon divided tank, they do just fine. At this point they've grown a little bored of each other, actually, they don't flare at each other as often. Nettle is out of the 10g for a while for fin rot, though, so I'm thinking when I move him back in they'll be flaring again.

But yeah, 10 gallon must be divided.. in a much larger tank it would be possible for an experienced fish keeper, but ten gallons is just too small.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote