Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #11 
Rawriie

OMG Blue used to do that! Im so worried now ;.; OMG THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #12 
GERGixxer

Thank you all for your input! I switched to Tetra Parasite Guard (Praziquantel) now. I'll treat him with that now for the next week or so and see how it goes.
Just frustrating getting your first fish that comes with parasites right away...

I will treat the cycling tank with some aquarium salt and I'll do some 50-75% waterchanges ones fully cycled so hopefully there won't be any parasites left in the tank.
(I got some already established gravel and plants from my petsmart so hopefully cycling will go fast)

I'll let keep you updated...
Pat
GERGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #13 
GERGixxer

Ok, little update:
Since I started the Parasite Guard treatment I think he does a little better. Not as much darting anymore. He also spends more time resting, swimming calm at different levels in the bowl.

He reacts more to me, flaring etc when I come close, seems interested.

Still, especially on his right gill it seems like damaged skin, do you know if thats treatable or if I should be concerned about that at all...?!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #14 
Ajones108

Don't worry too much about it. :) Just keep his water clean, he'll heal on his own.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #15 
GERGixxer

One more question: I moved him to a 2.5G Hospital tank with nothing but two caves which he never entered so far. Because of his strange "darting"/"flashing" behavior I gave him two doses of Tetra Parasite Guard.

He doesn't dark much anymore but the whole day he is swimming in the same pattern like in the following video. Isn't that just restless and a symbol of stress?

Please let me know, trying to get a feel for fish behavior and what to look for...

VIDEO
Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #16 
Ajones108

Well at least he's not flipping all over the place now.. I wonder if he's just bored... Maybe you should stop the parasite guard and get some gravel, and plant him up a tank, so he can dart in and out of the plants. :) But wait and see if someone more experienced than myself agrees. :)
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #17 
fishman12

He is probably just bored or stressed from his 4th(?) move in a week or so. Maybe you should look into some strees remover and if his gill is still looking bad, matbe a water conditioner or something that is supposed to a slime. I don't know any of that stuff for sure though...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #18 
GERGixxer

you know, the sad thing is, it doesn't matter if there's gravel, plants, caves etc in the tank, the only thing this betta will do is swim at the front glass from left to right, and back the whole day...super hectical, as soon as I come closer he flares his gill wide open and then continues pacing. I honestly hope that stops soon as this is driving me nuts! I even think about leaving him in a partly decorated 2.5G hospital tank and getting another one for the fully "furnished" 6G tank, some betta might be able to enjoy the decoration, hiding places, plants etc....