Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 
LinuxTux37

New fish soon!

Ok so my mom said that after we move I can buy another betta/tank. My idea is just to get another minibow but this time make it the five since last time I only could afford the 2.5 and we only had space for that. I'm thinking that I'll buy a minibow 5 + plants substrate heater etc, cycle it, then introduce Sonic to it. Then I'll clean my 2.5 and set it up for a newbie. Any ideas on how to*decorate the new tank on a budget, but still make it look cool? Also I need some name suggestions. Fake plants preferred, but live are OK. Thanks!
LinuxTux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #2 
Alex09

I saw a pack of fake plastic plants at my petco for $10. It had 4-5 plants I believe. They also sell small silk plants for less than $5. I got a big piece of driftwood for $10 as well. A piece of driftwood and 1 or 2 silk plants will look great! it would be around $15 I suppose. Just go to your LFS and see what they have. You can also go along with things like mugs, clay pots, etc...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #3 
Zeetrain

I bought a 3 pack of fabric material plants at Walmart. I forget the price but I know they werent expensive. My betta liked one of them especially cause it had wide leaves. Check out what walmarts got.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #4 
fishman12

Petco has a buy 2 get 1 free sale for live plants
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #5 
BlueHaven

Walmart sell bulbs of these long green aquarium plants (long name) and a lily plant. Sometimes they don't always grow out but you get a couple together for only 2 or 3 dollars and you can return them and get more for free if some do not grow out. I have some of those here, one of them floats and had to be thrown away but the others are starting to grow. It just takes time. :)
You can also help them by getting plant food.
For hideouts, you could use a plain glass jar that's big enough for the betta to come in and out of with no lid on it. Or a coffee mug thats colored so its more like a cave.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #6 
zelilaa

@ Blue haven, do you mean betta bulbs? i have two of those in my 2.5 gal tank and their AMAZING! grow SUPER fast. the smaller one of mine grew an inch last night :D
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #7 
LinuxTux37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
Walmart sell bulbs of these long green aquarium plants (long name) and a lily plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeetrain View Post
I bought a 3 pack of fabric material plants at Walmart....Check out what walmarts got.
Sorry people, I do not go to Walmart. I boycott them due to labor practices and other controversies. Thanks for the suggestions though!
LinuxTux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #8 
Alex09

Petco and petsmart sells those bulbs as well.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote