Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #1 
shell85

is he infected with something?

Ok I've seen a few threads in here about fish swimming around erratically and i began to wonder if Neptune had a problem as well before I dismissed it as normal behavior but for the past few days he has been darting around the tank and he loves to squeeze into really tight spaces i don't know if its because he just likes to do it or he has something. I havent seen anything abnormal on his body and he still does his regular feed me dance when i come around and he eats fine.

i'll post the video as soon as it finishes uploading
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #2 
shell85

Alright I recorded this last night sorry it came out very dark but you should be able to see him. He's been doing back flips into that plant a lot he even sits there for a few seconds then wedges his way out and speeds back into it. http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=101_6405.mp4
Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #3 
Adastra

A sick fish wouldn't be so active. I think he's fine--if he starts hiding constantly or looking disoriented, that's when you worry. I think part of it is his reaction to the current caused by the filter--it's so strong it's really knocking that betta log around! I suggest baffling the filter, your boy will probably be happier and he'll be able to use his log properly. There's a tutorial on how to make a filter baffle in the Betta Habitats section.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #4 
shell85

Oh ok thanks I was worried for a second and yeah my filter for some reason has gotten very strong, it was fine before. i'm going to try an earlier suggestion.