Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #1 
PucknLoki

My Betta Is A Dorkfish

I'm way too lazy to upload photos now, but long story shortish, I originally wanted rats. To convince my parents to let me get the rats I got rid of my sand boa Teatime aka the possessed psycho serpent of evil. After I gave her away I told my mom what I did and she said that's great but no more pets for a while. Cue me being very sad. God I love rats. Anyways, I figured that until I could get the rats I'd go along with my girlfriend forbiddensecrets to get a betta like she was getting. Something nice, simple, cheap, pretty to look at but not that high maintanance.

Ha.

Ha blooming Ha.

and Ha again.

After she joined this site and coerced me into spending over a hundred dollars on what I thought was going to be a nice little investment, I realized...I'm not going to be able to afford my rats for a very long while. So until then I'm pouring ridiculous amounts of love onto this betta, Kamau.

When I first got Kamau, I thought he was super agro. He flared at everything, he attacked glass, he attacked air, when I moved him from his half gallon to his six gallon he attacked the plants and flared aaallll the time. He also had very nice bubble nests.

But then he chilled out, and I realized...he's actually super chill. He likes glass surfing, chasing his own tail, and it can take him up to four tries to eat one pellet. Oh my short sighted beloved idiot fish.

And because he was so chill, I decided to risk getting three little tetras (The Three Amigos Susan, Matt, and Donny) to put in with him.

I was still a little apprehensive, remembering his first week, and was waiting by with a fish net in case anything went wrong. Finally after assimilating the tetras to the water, letting them get used to it and him notice them, I let them loose, held my breath aaanndd

watched as he played Big Bad Monster. By which I mean swim slowly up on them, watch them scatter and completely ignore their existence until he found it funny to do again. Besides that, he displays no aggression towards them whatsoever. It's now gotten to the point where they play Jump Kamau like leapfrog, and I'm pretty sure by the way they'll all chill close together he's trying to be part of their school.

It's rather adorkable. And I'll post pics of them all....when I'm not terribly lazy.

Also hi y'all ^^ Call me Anai, or Alex, or Captain Kirk. Whichever is good with me.
PucknLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #2 
Alex09

Lol. What kind of tetras do you have? Im thinking of adding some cories to my 10 gallon (id have to fill it up more) but I'm also considering tetras.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #3 
PucknLoki

@Alex09

I totally forget what they're called, but they're the invisikind, the ones you can see their organs in they're so cool XD I think they're called GOldfin or something like that?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #4 
ForbiddenSecrets

@Alex09

She has golden pristella tetra's =D They are super cute I think c:

ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #5 
zelilaa

u spent a 100$ ??? dang boy! on what? (holy cow i just realized how much money I spent on my fish.. first bowl 5 dollars, secone bowl 10 dollars, tank 15 dollars, water conditioner 6 dollars, fake plants 7 dollars, food 4 dollars, other food 4 dollars, filter 12 dollars, filter changers 3 dollars... omfg!!! 66 dollars?? where the freak did that come from.....!! =O )
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #6 
splyce

hehe good story :) You still want rats though?
splyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #7 
PucknLoki

@zelilah I know right? NOT AS PLANNED. T_T so much crud for my dork fish

@splyce
oh god yes <3 I love rats, I stare at them every time I'm in a pet store.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #8 
Adastra

Tetras are schooling fish that should be allowed to be in groups of 6 or more. Being in small groups makes them feel insecure which can cause them to nip at your betta--many bettas have endured horrible fin damage as a result of nipping tetras. Personally, I would return the tetras unless you can keep them in a larger group. Your tank is too small for that, though.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #9 
B3TTA LUVA

^_^ my sister had a hairless rat once it was so funny!!! it could climb up 90 degree angles (like you back when you are sitting up straight)
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #10 
Luimeril

xrays like you got need a bigger tank. what size tank are they in? my mom adores them, too. :d i don't like them. >.> boring little fish, they are.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote