Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #1 
vilmarisv

Talking Spawn Log: Blue Yellow Grizzle HM pair

Since I DEFINITELY had eggs, I'm starting this log to avoid multiple threads.
Here's the pair I got from bettysplendens:

They spent 3 days in the tank before they mated. Female was removed on 9/9/2010 and this is what the bubble nest looked like. It was so hard to see the eggs!

On 9/10/2010 at around 5pm there was nothing much new in happening in the nest. Dad was busy arranging eggs and the bubble nest occupied more area of the water surface.

Later that day, around 8:30pm I came home to find the first wigglers hanging from the nest! Daddy is very busy returning the falling babies to the nest.

*Pics of the wigglers to follow. I take photos with my phone and with daddy moving in from of my lens I cannot focus on the tiny fry.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

Congratz! I almost bought that pair :P But I'm currently working on VTs and Plakats.

BTW I'm joining the IBC Monday :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

Thanks!
I'm so excited to see what you do with the veiltail! I would love to see them in the spotlight with the HM and PK! I'm an HM fan but can appreciate the CTs and VTs out there.
I'll eventually join too... keep forgetting LOL!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

Oh I'm thrilled someone on this forum bought them! What a pretty dad and mom! Good luck!!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

I'm trying to create the standard because right now we have an idea. It will take a lot of work from me and other breeders though. I can't wait to join the IBC, I know I've said bad things in the past about standards but I researched more and can't wait to join (free fish isn't bad either :P).

BTW did you choose Priority mail shipping for these fish? I've heard bad thigns so I use Express but if everyone else is ok I'll go with it.

Anyway how are the wigglers?? I bet your excited :P
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #6 
doggyhog

That is great!!!!!! I LOVE your pair!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Oh I'm thrilled someone on this forum bought them! What a pretty dad and mom! Good luck!!
Thank you! I had always wanted a grizzle pair and couldn't pass this up or any of the other 5 I bought from Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I'm trying to create the standard because right now we have an idea. It will take a lot of work from me and other breeders though. I can't wait to join the IBC, I know I've said bad things in the past about standards but I researched more and can't wait to join (free fish isn't bad either :P).

BTW did you choose Priority mail shipping for these fish? I've heard bad thigns so I use Express but if everyone else is ok I'll go with it.

Anyway how are the wigglers?? I bet your excited :P
Yeah, having stadards might not appeal to everyone but personally I like structure. So having a "guide" to what the form should be it's great IMO.
I know I didn't start with a pair with fantastic finnage but I'm after color more than anything with these two.

I have my fish shipped FedEx Overnight because I work for the company and get great discount. I just give my account number to the sellers and it charges my credit card directly. I paid $22 for a box with 8 fish from Victoria shipped Overnight.
Thankfully, everyone I've dealt with so far have agreed to ship with this method so I can save on shipping.

I'm very excited that they are hatching! But we'll see how it goes in the next few hours I feel so sorry for the poor daddy fish!

Picture of ONE of the wigglers...
See him hanging from the corner of the cup??
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Can't wait to see them grow up :)
Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #9 
vilmarisv

Hehe! Me either! I really hope some of them make it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Hehe! Me either! I really hope some of them make it.
Clean water and good food. I change a gallon of water a day for the first week, then I start changing 75% everyday starting at two weeks and do this for a month. Then at one month they get moved into either two different 10 gallons (I split the spawn) or a 20 gallon plastic tub and do 75% water changes every ther day. Large water changes get them to grow a lot faster. Use the link in my sig and it tells you exactly how I breed and raise them.