Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #11 
bettalover2033

well they stopped about an hour ago and shes swimming around like she was and he is just under the empty nest with no eggs. no eggs came at all even when they were embracing.

i think it was because she kept trying to get out of his grip.

:/ i dont think they are going to embrace anymore because she keeps staying on the opposite side of the cup and hes just sitting on his tail (under the cup) i dont get it will they probably embrace again?

When they were embracing i think i seen him (CLICK) and HE was the one that was stunned in the embracing position as she just tried to get out of his embrace.

So will they embrace again it has been two days counting today and it was at about 9:50 when they embraced this morning and i havent seen any signs of interest that she or he is supposed to give him or he is supposed to give her.

So what do i do know?

i think when she turned side ways for rusko to embrace but she changes her mind lol i guess it seems that way!!:/
This is why i want another female betta! (i want eggs and i want a successful spawn and i want to get some fry and things like that!!:/

i think if i had another female i would have had eggs by now!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

I've noticed females from breeders breed way better than petstores. Idk why. Try buying a fat female and spawning her, I'm sure you'll get eggs.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

I would leave them together for now, sometimes it can take a day or two with young or first time breeders.

If you have some live food to toss in to them-this would be a good time to help stimulate them to spawn again......mosquito larva are great for this or livebearer new born fry will work too.

Be patient......set back and relax and give them time....you never know-first thing in the AM they may spawn for you......or even later today......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I've noticed females from breeders breed way better than petstores. Idk why. Try buying a fat female and spawning her, I'm sure you'll get eggs.
I know!! if i had the money i'd buy another female but i cant because of my plakat pair.

Also, iv'e been trying to get a female somehow. i want blue like you suggested or a turquoise color!:/ :/
Old 09-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #15 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
I would leave them together for now, sometimes it can take a day or two with young or first time breeders.

If you have some live food to toss in to them-this would be a good time to help stimulate them to spawn again......mosquito larva are great for this or livebearer new born fry will work too.

Be patient......set back and relax and give them time....you never know-first thing in the AM they may spawn for you......or even later today......
Okay OFL! ill see what goes on today:)