Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #1 
1fish2fish

To get the fish or not to get the fish???

That is the question

So as most of you know my boy Freddie Mercury passed away last week. He was a favorite of my roommate and she asked if she could pick out another fish for his tank. It wouldn't be her fish per se as I would be taking care of it, but in a way it would be.

At first my addictive nature kicked in and I was super excited to get another fish but now I'm having second thoughts. I just got 4 fish from aquabid when in reality I only had room for two ( a male and a female). Not too big a deal but I'm trying to keep my tank numbers low by dividing tanks and resisting temptation.

Now I don't know what to do. I have 3 options basically.. get a new fish from petsmart (which I've been avoiding), adopt a fish, or tell the roomie that I'm not getting another fish.

What do you think I should do? Let me say that IF I did get one more fish my tank number would only go up by 1 (after the girls go into the sorority) so its not a major change. But for a few weeks (while I'm breeding) I'm going to have extra jars to change.

I don't know. My roommate is really excited and I'm so happy she's finally starting to like my fish.. instead of thinking they're stupid... BUT this is like getting your child a pet... the child thinks its her pet but in reality your the one taking care of it LOL
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #2 
vaygirl

Hmmm. I dunno. Getting your roommate to enjoy your fish would be good in the long term. In the interest of roommate relations, I'd let her pick one out. Maybe you could slowly teach her about fish care. If she has some invested interest she might want to give you a hand with care. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #3 
1fish2fish

That's what I'm leaning towards right now. I thought maybe making the condition that if I get her a fish she has to let me put a tank in the kitchen so I can have one more cycled tank that way my water change schedule isn't affected too much.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #4 
sdg30064

thats sounds like a good deal to me.
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #5 
peaches3221

i say you should rescue a fish from petsmart. Logan and Riley are walmart rescues.
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

I don't have time to nurse a rescue right now and most petsmarts will not give sick fish away for free (and I do not pay for sick fish).

I found a nice looking multi VT and sent a picture to the roomie. She liked him so I got him. He's very pretty and seems pretty healthy. I'll get pictures up in a day or so. Roomie is thinking up names.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Hooray for new fish! :)
Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

LOL.. I know.

I'm like "bad Jackie'.. then my other personality is like "ooh new fish!!".. its horrible LOL
Old 09-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #9 
vaygirl

We're all enablers too. Yer doomed. :P
Old 09-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #10 
sdg30064

LOL...yea the roommate is actually your alternate personality thats the manifestation of your inner-child....lol..jk
sdg30064 is offline   Reply With Quote