Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #1 
JKfish

Random rambling about wild animals and snakes

My backyard is pretty much a zoo. My family has a pond with koi and goldfish, and birds flock around it because there a slow and shallow running part for them to drink and bathe in. There're frogs and toads that sit around there at night, and way too many bugs. There's anoles that eat the bugs, and hummingbirds that sit in our trees. We have cats regularly visit our pond to watch our fish (don't worry, the fish are almost as big as the cats XD ) There's a mole or two that enjoy building tunnels under our lawns and making them all wierd and bumpy. Heck, we even have wild rabbits and mice too.

Apparently, there're cornsnakes as well, which would explain the sudden drop in the anole and mice populations. I found a baby one that was probably around a foot on our porch, dead :( It looked like it'd been hurt by something, probably by a bird or something. It had a dead anole in it. :P I really hope there are more, and that I'd get to see them (alive), because they are really pretty little snakes. Anyways, I'm done with my rambling. Anyone who wants to ramble on about the wildlife at their homes are more than welcome to.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #2 
fishman12

I have three dogs one cat and of course a betta fish. We have a pool so there are frogs. In april and May, we had tadpoles in the pool(its clean now) There are seriously like 10 birds nests in the tree in our front yard. In may, I found a baby squirrel on the ground. Fortunatly, our nieghbor is a vet and she was able to take care of it.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have snakes, skunks, deer, mice, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels and groundhogs around here.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #4 
Betta Slave

I have a pond in my backyard- robins, waxwings, magpies, crows, ravens, chickadees, sparrows, etc, etc. like to take baths in there. We have numerous bird's nests are in our backyard as well- again with the robins (we had one right in front of one of our windows, the babies were so cute!) red-breasted nut-hatches, and so many others. XD Lots of red squirrels, jack rabbits, deer, and even a moose one day. O.o There's a family of mice that live under an old kiddie pool from when I was little too. XD

Most of my zoo is in the house though. XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #5 
Alex09

We get house sparrows that nest by the rafters of our house in spring. Raccoons that climb over the roofs in fall (you can hear their little claws scratching), Rattlesnakes during summer, skunks and cyotes all year round. We also have mountain lions living in the hills nearby. Sometimes (rarely) you can hear them screaming at night.

Ah... The wild part of southern california...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote