Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #1 
animallover4lyfe

Exclamation Multiple Bettas in One Aquarium

Hi!! I used to keep multiple bettas in aquariums, I had a 25 gallon divided with 6 bettas in it. I also had a 15 gallon with 4-5 bettas in the tank as well. I sold my 25 gallon and I am attempting to sell my 15 gallon, but I cant seem to get rid of it. My question is to you guys, those of you who have or had multiple bettas in a divided tank....have you run into any problems, such as one betta getting sick and then getting everyone else sick??? I am tempted to put up my 15 gallon again with less betta this time (Probably 3) BUT I had such problems with it last time i lost multiple bettas. Just wanted to know what everyone elses opinion and experience is??
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #2 
Ajones108

If one betta starts showing signs of illness it's best to QT it.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #3 
animallover4lyfe

Well.... Yeah. Obviously! But sometimes they dont show signs and sometimes when they do it's too late I remove them but the others already have caught it.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #4 
nochoramet

Hmm, well luckily when Fishy died I think his was just of old age, and I QT'd him as soon as he started showing signs of illness. But that definitely is a risk one takes when you have a multiple fish tank. I love mine, but other people might have different opinions.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

IMO if you've had problems with it, disenfect it. I disenfect mine by filling it halfway with hot water then adding a little tiny amount of regualr bleach. Get my hand in there and wipe it along the upper part of the tank. Then soak for at leat 15 minuets. Then I dump out the bleached water and rinse, rinse, and risne!!!! Rinse at least 20-30 times. Then I stick the tank in sunlight to zap more bleach.

Hope this helped :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #6 
animallover4lyfe

Well what size tank do you have and how many bettas??
Old 09-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #7 
animallover4lyfe

Mr vampire that's Not what I meant my tank is fine. I meant when bettas get sick and the others get what the sick betta getss
Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #8 
nochoramet

Mine? It's a 10g, with 4 bettas. But I'm thinking about letting my boyfriend have one of mine.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #9 
animallover4lyfe

True and how long have you had your tank running? And how often do you do water changes and how much do you take out?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #10 
nochoramet

It's been up since February, though I've taken it down twice, once to move home over the summer, and then again to move back to college. I change 40% once a week but I think I'm going to up it to either 50%, or 30% twice a week because I only had 3 bettas up until this August. It's not cycled.