Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #1 
shell85

Thumbs down rant: irresponsible tank owners

Ever since I set up my own tank and adopted my little guy I guess I've been a bit more conscious of what people do with fish tanks. Like where I stay at right now the homeowner has a large fishtank but he never put any real research into fish and just pick a bunch of them based on what he see in the store and what some pet shop people say and the tank together. As a result several fish have been killed and 2 of them spawned and now there's baby fish all around the tank. I don't know how often a water change is required for a tank this size but i think its way overdue considering that a fish is really sick and on the brink of dying and there was one that was killed shortly before that and it pisses me off that with 1 fish gone and another one knocking on deaths door he's just going to go out and buy some more to throw in there.

I really wanna help this fish but its not my tank and I don't know whats wrong with it and it looks really bad :( and her children are eating her alive. The owner just dumped some melafix in the tank and let it be. I have no idea what he's going to do about the babies because there's too many of them to stay in the tank and they are getting big. I dont know if he's going to try to sell them but if he does I doubt he'll get anything since they are half breeds. But stuff like this just makes me angry. smh
shell85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #2 
Nutt007

That's terrible! You should tell the owner to do some research. D:
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #3 
Alex09

Just try help the owner out. Tell him that you are knowledgeable in the care of aquatic fish. If he refuses your help then you'll just have to let it be...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote