Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #1 
BeccaBoo

Question Problems With Filter Overflowing. Advice Needed.

I have a 2.5 gallon Mini Bow that I've had for about a week and a half and Monday I noticed that the filter was overflowing. The water wasn't filtering through the media cartridge and the unfiltered water was overflowing into the tank. I tried cleaning the cartridge but it continued to happen so I thought it was a bad cartridge and replaced with a new one.

Everything worked fine yesterday but when I checked my tank this morning, it was doing the exact same thing. The new cartridge has only been in there for about 24 hours so I now it can't be a bad cartridge. Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I have to buy a new filter. Also, is it bad for my betta having the unfiltered water flowing back into the tank?
BeccaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #2 
BeccaBoo

Nevermind, after doing some research online, I've decided to just replace the filter with a Red Sea Nano Filter.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #3 
Adastra

Is it a power filter? Usually you can remove the piece that attaches to the intake tube--you might want to take that part apart and make sure nothing is clogging up the impeller and to make sure it's in properly. If it's not the impeller area then chances are you're going to have to complain to the manufacturer that they sent you a defective filter.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #4 
BeccaBoo

Adastra,We must have been writing our replies at the same time.

I checked the filter and there's nothing clogging it and I've tried calling Aqueon several times but I can't seem to get in touch with anyone. It doesn't matter now because they'll just try to send me the same filter to replace the broken one and I'd rather have a new one anyway.

But thanks for trying to help!