Betta Fish Forum banner

What you can tell me over this fish !

724 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Hermitpaws 
#1 ·
Hey everyone !

I got a male betta fish. He looked like he is dying in his little bottel.
He wasnt realy good colored.
Now he is in a 3 gallon tank. I only feed him life food. All pellets I found are with chemicals. :(
Now he is no more skinny, has more colore and seems very happy.

Could you say me something what tail he has , if he look right ( His tail is a bit ..ar.. limped . Is this normal ?) or how old he could be ?

Would be very pretty !

View attachment 17192

Organism Tail Aquarium Fish Plant

See less See more
#2 ·
nice fish!! he a vt a vail tail betta and yes his tail is sapost to limp like that, vts have a tail that's like a fancy curtain. as for age, you never really know.

#3 ·
Yup, a veil tail. Their tails droop like that because of the size & weight. If you show him a mirror he should flare & hold his fins (including his tail) erect. Not for more than five minutes, though! :)

I would venture to say he is an adult that is at least 6 months old, but there really is no way of knowing beyond that. Sorry!

Nice fish & sounds like you have done a VERY good job with him - CONGRATS!

#8 ·
Thank you :)

Do you now how to let him have more fun ? When I was a younger I had a yellow fighter with clear fins. I put a big plastik ring in the water and sad " Swimm throw it fishi" and he did it very well :D

But I think it isnt good for the water to put some plastic things in it.

So ... how I can make him some fun ? Do you "play" with yours ? Or is this even silly ?

#11 ·
i don't think its harmful to put plastic in the water, people put ping pong balls on the water for their fish to play with and most decor is plastic. me i put a acorn on the top of the water some times (they flare at it)
other things include:

• Colored Plastic bottle caps
  • Plastic mini Lego's in different colors.
  • plastic Army men
  • Soft colored Mini Headphone covers/cushion ( hafta watch these in case they eat it.)
hope this helps
-hermitpaws

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.