Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #1 
FuulieQ

Smile Know anything about plants? :/

Since I added the three live plants to Freed's tank, everything has pretty much gone smoothly. However, I have one anubias that's starting to get yellow edges on some of its leaves. I hadn't fertilized the tank in two weeks or so, so I did that today, but I'm thinking the photoperiod might be the problem. Could be too long at too intense a light for the anubias. Right now both of those are just floating.

Generally I turn it on at 11-12 or so and off when I go to bed, usually one-two am (bad me, I know :l ). Too long? Or I know corn turns yellow when it's... iron deficient? Not sure.

But the crypt is looking good. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a fourth plant to replace the large silk monstrosity in the other corner as soon as I get my hands on some spare change.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #2 
Adastra

Yellowing of the leaves is usually a sign that your plant isn't getting enough nutrients (nitrogen especially) to support the growth being encouraged by your lighting. Anubias is a shade-lover, if it's in the direct path of light you might want to move it to a shadier corner.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #3 
FuulieQ

Hm, alright. I guess I'll shorten the photoperiod for now until I can get some more plants and rearrange the tank. I guess it was good that I fertilized the water, then.

Thanks!
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote