Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #1 
mommytaps

Help I Don't Know What's Wrong

A week ago Friday I got a male betta fish. I cycled the tank for 24 hours, but I didn't test it for water temp or ammonia or nitrate levels. A week later, my betta fish seems healthy. He swims around and he eats his food like a good little boy and he doesn't seem lethargic or anything. He even started his bubble nest the day after I put him in his tank. The only problem is his coloring.

When I got him, he was completely blue except for one strand of red fin. Now, the tips of his fins are the right color and from a distance he looks fine, but when you get up close you see that his body has paled considerably. More red has appeared mixed with the blue, and the blue looks like it's tinged with purple. The top of his head is devoid of color completely.

Is this normal, or is it a real problem? Is it a water temperature issue, or a disease?
mommytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #2 
Capricorn

To give us all some sort of background info so we can help you, it'd be great if you could fill out this form--> http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Answer as many as you can to give everyone an idea of what your tank is like, etc so we can better help you. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote