Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #1 
Welsh

Soo annoying

I bought a new tank about a month ago and seriously wish I had never set eyes on the thing. Its fairly big, 6.5 UK gallons but it was 20 just for the tank and no added extras like filter, etc but what annoyed me the most was that there was no light and no place to install one either, so now I'm stuck with a tank I hate and can't return it cause stupidly I set it up lol i hate myself sometimes haha

Anyone else had an experience like this, where you buy something on the spur of the moment and then regret it?
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #2 
Capricorn

All the time, and with stuff other than fish supplies as well. xD
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #3 
betta99

lol yeah.
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #4 
Tomsk

Hey,another tank is another tank for the collection .
Have you thought of getting a clamp on one like the ones for the "arc" tanks?.You can get cheap chinese versions off E-bay.If it has a hood,you can always buy a light to fit into it ( I did the same when I bought a acyrlic bow front tank off ebay for 2.50 (for tank 3),it had no light or heater but had a elite filter.I bought a after-market light to fit the hood.Though after a bad start and 2 fish deaths it got put away in my shed and I got a Aqua-mode 300 semi-circular tank for 20 on ebay and used the filter for that for tank 3 )

Tomsk

edit for link : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140454306112 this type etc
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #5 
Adastra

Lol, it happens to the best of us. I do kind of a weird thing to light my unlighted tanks and supplement lighting on my planted tanks.. I have two floor lamps similar to this one: http://common2.csnimages.com/lf/1/ha...red+Shades.jpg --except less tacky, of course--I put 60watt fluorescent bulbs in each head and point it down into the tank. It's great for giving your plants a noon-day burst, and you can point it down into unlighted tanks as well. Plus these things are like $20 at Target. Super cheap.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #6 
dipsydoodlenoodle

What is the lid like? could you not cut a hole in it and attach a clip on light?
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote