Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #111 
dramaqueen
Banned

They are sooo cute!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #112 
1fish2fish

Eek!! We have our first colors!!!

I did a 100% change on the tank tonight because I hadn't done a change in a couple days (been working and had a LOT of school work). Anyways I took all the fry out and put them in a critter keeper and put the light on it to get a count (still have all 15 ) and noticed one of the big fry has a lot of red on his anal fin!

This guy is the fry I mentioned REALLY liking a week or two ago. His fins are developing really nicely IMO. I can't wait to see him continue to gain color.

One of the light colored fry also has a tiny hint of red on its anal fin as well so maybe they won't all turn out to be pastels after all!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #113 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're going to be awesome looking!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #114 
1fish2fish

Week 5

Another Tuesday has come and gone.. so you know what that means.. baby update time!!

The babies are doing well. I have a few stragglers who aren't growing as fast as the the others. Many of the babies have begun to develop color and I can tell that I'm going to have quite a few butterflies :) I don't think any of the surviving fry are from Tallahassee's spawn but that's ok, I'll be conditioning them for another spawn in the upcoming weeks.

The babies are getting much easier to photograph now that they are bigger so I have LOTS of pics tonight. Enjoy!

See the ventrals?

Weird angle.. it's topline does not look that bad actually.

See the butterfly pattern coming in on the anal fin?

This is my favorite pic! Baby face!!!

The rest are from a few days ago when I was taking pictures of some of the other fish.

This is my biggest guy, he's been huge since day 1. This is a weird angle that makes his shape look weird. He's also fat.

This is the fry I've had my eye on for the past few weeks. He was the first to color up and looks like he'll have nice fins. I may be holding him back for breeding if he continues to develop nicely.

I also have a video that I'm uploading right now. I'll post it once it's finished.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #115 
beat2020

Wow!
I'm really impressed with the growth of this spawn.I really like the colors they're showing already.
Good job! :)
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #116 
dramaqueen
Banned

Man, are they beautiful!!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #117 
MrVampire181

Dang your doin an awesome job!! If you have a pair you want to get off your hands I'm interested :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #118 
1fish2fish

Well I'll be holding back the two best males and hopefully the two best females depending on how many I get. I may keep three males depending on the variety I get color wise. I'm really hoping for a male/female pair that look like Bowie (multicolor BF) and a male Pastel. I'm also hoping to get MG or MG butterflies. The ones I don't keep will be put up for sale probably around late January. I have two people earmarked for first dibs but after that its first come first served :)

The two previous weeks when I was sick with the flu I didn't feed and water change normally (because I was too tired to even get out of bed most days) this past week I've done daily feedings and daily water changes, I've also doubled the amount of food I've been feeding so the fry really grew a lot in the past week.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #119 
metalbetta

Oh. my. god. They are getting so cute! I can only imagine how adorable they are in person! Great job!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #120 
vaygirl

They're beautiful Jackie! <3
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote