Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #1 
sidfishus

Question Betta Fish?

Hi I have a few things so

1)I'm saving up my money for a 4.5 gallon fish tank but that uses up alot of my money and adding gravel decor. etc. brings me to....
2) I can't get a betta until wating weeks to earn the money so if you're willing to give one up(doubt it) or give me a name of a site with cheap betta
3) is that tank big enough to be divided?

Thanks for everything!:)
sidfishus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #2 
sidfishus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidfishus View Post
hi i have a few things so

1)i'm saving up my money for a 4.5 gallon fish tank but that uses up alot of my money and adding gravel decor. Etc. Brings me to....
2) i can't get a betta until wating weeks to earn the money so if you're willing to give one up(doubt it) or give me a name of a site with cheap betta
3) is that tank big enough to be divided?

Thanks for everything!:):-d
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sidfishus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #3 
Alex09

You can buy veil tailed bettas at petco (probably petsmart and walmart as well) for like $3-5. Ordering online will be expensive because you also have to pay for shipping.
Personally I wouldnt divide anything less than 10 gal. Some people here divide 5 gals. 4.5 gal may be a bit too small though.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #4 
peaches3221

it's big enough to divide, and like alex09 said, walmart, petco, and petsmart have bettas for around $4
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #5 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
it's big enough to divide, and like alex09 said, walmart, petco, and petsmart have bettas for around $4
That still depends on the dimensions of the tank though. If its a tall tank then forget it. If its a long tank then maybe its ok to divide it into no more than 2 sections.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #6 
Adastra

You should wait until you have enough money for everything you will need before you consider getting your pet. This hobby isn't cheap, but you will end up spending more if you don't make the right decisions the first time.

You can get very cheap used fish tanks on craigslist--sometimes people sell entire 10 gallon tank setups for around $20 or if you get really lucky, you might even find one for free. Just be very patient, it's difficult when you're young and you have all of your impulses, but no way to satisfy them. Just use the time between now and when you have more money to research exactly what you want so that you get all the right things the first time. Once you get your betta he will be with you for possibly the next 7 years--a little waiting now is nothing compared to that. Just be patient. :)
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
You should wait until you have enough money for everything you will need before you consider getting your pet. This hobby isn't cheap, but you will end up spending more if you don't make the right decisions the first time.

You can get very cheap used fish tanks on craigslist--sometimes people sell entire 10 gallon tank setups for around $20 or if you get really lucky, you might even find one for free. Just be very patient, it's difficult when you're young and you have all of your impulses, but no way to satisfy them. Just use the time between now and when you have more money to research exactly what you want so that you get all the right things the first time. Once you get your betta he will be with you for possibly the next 7 years--a little waiting now is nothing compared to that. Just be patient. :)
Very good advice.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote