Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #1 
JorgeBurrito

Growout containers

I am just curious what people use for growout containers? Buying enough glass jars seems like it could get expensive, is there any cheaper alternatives that you have used successfully?

I have a nice pair of Bettas from a respected American Breeder and currently in the research phase. I have most of the other equipment on hand, and while I am willing to spend money as necessary, it would be nice to keep costs down until I figure out if it is something I am truly going to enjoy or not (and if I can successfully give away the offspring).
JorgeBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

Beanies are pretty inexpensive if you buy them by the case and are light weight. You can also get gallon sized plastic containers from wal-mart that are about $2 per container.

I have a mixture of jars and plastic containers that I've picked up at thrift stores or had people save for me. I also have a 29 gallon tank to house the females so I don't have to jar them.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

I use a large plastic tub or split the spawn into two 10 gallons but I'm getting a 20 gallon this week.

I get tons of jars from thrift stores and people save them for me and I buy new quart size mason jars. I will also buy a couple of cases of beanie boxes soon.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote