Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #1 
mm94305

Meet Levi

I know the pictures aren't very good but when I went to the pet store in the mall I always went to look at the birds and I always wanted a betta fish. Either way while leaning down at the birds the owner came over and asked me if I needed any help and scoffed at one of the fish because it was flaring at her. When she walked away he stopped looked at me and started to spin around like nothing happened. Turns out the reason for so much hate is because she would shake the tanks to make sure they are alive. Poor things. After I walked away from them my friend was like he is all sad now hiding in what small of a tank he had. When I came back over he perked right back up started doing it all over again. Me since I just got paid said screw it and decided to get him. When the owner came over to bag him up he starting flaring at her the entire time. He hated her so much. I set up the little tank since it was meant for traveling at a game shop I hang out at often asking if they could help me pick out a name for him since he was just looking at them like go away this is my new home? They helped me pick out the name Levi for him because he acts all tough like a dragon and he has the colors like Leviathan (final fantasy fan). Either way this is him in his new tank that isn't fully decorated and there is only two pictures I believe he is a blue green veil tail but sometimes he is violet or purpleish looking. He doesn't like bed time either he flares at me now in his new tank. He is scared of the dark since at the pet store they always had the light on near them.

mm94305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Not a VT, but a very handsome CT! Everyone's getting those logs, lately :P And the fish seem to like them! I'm sure he's glad someone took him home, lol. I wouldn't like to be shaken awake.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #3 
mm94305

I will post a picture of my friend's betta when I can get it to hold still for a few seconds. Hers is name is Puka and it is similar to mine but smaller and is pure purple. I didn't pick him he picked me. She got hers from petsmart that was scared to death of the red crowntail male next to him that kept flaring at him. I was like this one should be put over here way away from the other ones since they put some on top of the tanks sometimes. He calmed down right away. He was totally stressing out the other males but as soon as my friend saw hers she was like THIS ONE IS MINE! So Levi is a CT instead of VT?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #4 
CodeRed

We love pics, so we'll be glad to her see her betta, too! There's no such thing as too many :P And yep, he's a crowntail! Named for his spiky fins, looking a bit like a crown, lol. A blue with some red wash, it looks like, though I've never been good with colorations xD
Old 09-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #5 
mm94305

Lol is really all I have to say. The owner at the petstore said it was a VT. I am planning on getting him some more plants for his tank and maybe a type of cory to get for his 10 gallon tank. I am working on the filter so it can actually be used he ripped his fins up during the night trying to swim in the current. I cut off the filter today and he seemed quite content that it was gone. He went over to the intake valve and flared at it like haha. He isn't very good with bed time. He knows the words bed time too. Mom said it was bed time to him and he swam away from her under his log he was like noes never!!!! When she turned around to walk out of the room he flared at her. I wish I recorded it. Was scared with him in his 2 gallon tank earlier this week. He wouldn't eat because one of my cats scared him while I was at work. I have pictures of the one who did it too >.> The only one who took interest in him was Biskit.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #6 
peaches3221

Levi is very handsome! and he's blue, like the blue jean company! LOVE the name! he's blue, like blue jeans! you know, Levi jeans?
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #7 
mm94305

Its better than some of the pervy names the guys came up with! *has smacked all of them for their comments* Needless to say I made them jealous with the fact that Levi will be spending lots of time in my room and will have my wuv and attention that they aren't going to get.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #8 
mm94305

Question for CodeRed though. Do you stalk people for photos? You seem to like to harass DF for his fish.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #9 
CodeRed

LOL, my secret is spreading fast XDD Yes, I am a picture-stalker ): It's one of my many, many downfalls. I LOVE pictures XD
Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #10 
mm94305

Nah I was looking through the threads earlier and saw that thread with you harassing dragonfish for pictures even though you were so tired. I do have a question though. Levi is scared of the dark still so the glowsticks I have in his tank don't stay there forever but are they ok in there over night atleast? I have two in there right now one purple and one yellow. They were in the middle of the tank when i first put them in but he flared at them in the beginning then swam away but quickly came back into the light so he took both glowsticks and dragged them near his betta log and seems to be resting peacefully in his log now that he moved both glowsticks to his log. I had one outside the tank last night and he kept flaring at it this morning like brighten up its dark in here! I will try and take a picture of it. It is cute