Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand feeding =)

16K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Ihaveayellowbeta 
#1 ·
Does anyone here hand feed their bettas? I do with my two boys because Alex is kinda odd and won't go near his food unless I hand feed him. He also just won't eat if I don't feed him so we take him with when we go on vacations now xD Riley is pretty much just like Alex except he doesn't care who feeds him as long as he gets fed lol! So just curouis on who hand feeds their bettas and who doesn't =)

Kayla

#2 ·
What do you mean by hand feed? I always drop my pellets in one at a time.

#3 ·
It's so cool when they take food from ur hands, I sometimes hand feed my goldfish

#7 ·
:3 I hand feed my fishy. I feed him 3 pellets per day. Saturdays I give him 2 pellets & a bloodworm, and sunday is his official 'no food' day. Lol! I feed him by dunking my finger in the water. He intantly perks up... then i stick the pellet to my wet finger and make him jump for it :D His name is George XD

#9 ·
Totally, the neon tetras used to be super aggressive when it was food time and would eat his pellets.
Now my HM doesn't jump as much, but my VT is really into it. He will happily chew on any finger near the surface. I wet my finger with tank water and put some pellets on it, often they miss...:roll:

#12 ·
I have pet my bettas before and they don't seem to care, though my new bettas seem to not sure what I am trying to do. Also I feed my bettas with tongs for their frozen food and have them chase it around. and then I have them jump for their pellets as they take it off of my finger tip.

oh adding to that, I had some of my bettas bite me when I am adding new plants or cleaning their tanks.
and when I add the water, my boy Kelp likes to get a ride from the flow of the water falling in the tank.

#13 ·
Wanda is a very curious little fish... so when she nipped my finger the first time I figured "hey shes probably just poking around!". Then I started using my finger to draw her into the open so I could catch her when I needed too.. but she figured out I was catching her when I did that so that plan failed. Then I started rewarding her when she went after my finger. Now whenever I feed her I put my finger in, she nips it, and then she gets food. It's probably not a good habit to teach her.. but it is so freaking cute when she gets her whole body into viciously trying to get my finger, and barely fits the corner of my fingernail. Plus it makes her way easier to catch now, because she associates the finger with food. Poor girl never even guesses I'm going to scoop her when she comes over.

#14 ·
I tried it with Roi tonight. At first he got so mad! He stared at my finger and couldn't seem to figure out what he wanted more--to get the food or avoid my finger. At one point, he stared at the pellets on my finger and then flared at me. xD But eventually hunger won out over his grumpiness and he did take the pellets off my finger.

#15 ·
My Betta surprised me today. I normally get his attention when it's feeding time and he'll follow my finger up to the top of the tank and wait for his food. I then drop a pellet right in front of him to make sure he sees it so no food goes to waste. Well today I guess he decided I was going too slow so he jumped out of the water and tried to eat the pellet between my fingers. I wasn't expecting him to do that and it made me jump a little myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.