Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #11 
Rynasaurus

Ajones -- He is not being sucked or pulled in by the filter, haha. I was worried about that too.

RJ really likes his hiding spot. But the poor guy has no other hiding spots. Right now he's resting in the barrels. So cute (:. yeah, I think I'll buy some live plants. Should I add some more gravel then? Cause I think I heard that plants need more gravel than usual.

One thing I have a question about is feeding. How do I know when to feed him? Will he shown signs of hunger? I'm fasting him on sundays so I did not feed him yesterday. I'm a panicker though, so I put two pellets in his tank this morning but I don't think he even touched them or noticed they were there. How long does it take for your fish to find the food?

Thanks!
Rynasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Most people feed their fish in the morning and at night. 2-3 pellets each time. They will always act like they're starved to death so don't be tempted to give him more. They're little piggies. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #13 
Rynasaurus

LOL. I fed him today and he ate it. But now he's acting weird. He's been flaring -- not at me (I know this cause I stick my face by the glass and he doesn't flare), but when my brother was looking at him he flared, and I came into the room and he was swimming against the glass (still is) and was flaring (is not still doing). Maybe he's bored? Is he trying to find the limits of the tank?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #14 
CodeRed

Odds are he sees his reflection (Do you have a light for the tank?) and is trying to reach that other male betta, lol. This should end soon, he'll realize there's no betta there and will give up.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #15 
Rynasaurus

Yes, I do have a light. Actually one of my questions before was if saw his reflection or not, haha. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #16 
CodeRed

x.x; Sorry! I forgot to mention that when the lights are on in the tank, they reflection usually gets more noticeable, lol. Sorrryy xDD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #17 
Rynasaurus

Just wanted to update on RJ. He's doing well. I think now he's connected me with food, because when I come near the tank he swims to the front and comes to the top. I started feeding him Top Fin Betta Pellets. He seems to like them! (:

He still fights with his reflection though. I'm still wondering when this is going to stop..
Old 09-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #18 
vaygirl

He's really pretty! It's amazing how smart they are. They're an endless source of fascination. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #19 
Rynasaurus

Thanks! Yeah he really is. PS the betta in your avatar is really pretty. :3
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #20 
dew

hey! nice betta! I'm 15. daniel.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote