Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #1 
ThePearlFish

Adoption

Hi everyone,

I have decided I need to adopt out my fish to someone.I feel like the worst pet owner ever :( this is soo hard for me, but I hope I can still visit this forum even if I don't have my fish anymore. sighh!

I cannot care for them anymore. Please don't try to talk me out of it, I have already made up my decision as hard as it is. I am going through a lot of stress right now and I cannot afford, physically strength wise and mentally and time wise to care for them. It is very selfish of me to want to hold on to them when it is not feasable to have fish at this time :(

I have two bettas and 3 cory cats (albino). the corys are in awesome health. The two bettas fins are kinda raggedy, due to me being unable to keep up with frequent h20 changes.

each of the bettas come with their tanks and the corys I'd like to see go together, they love eachother, always follow eachother.

This is such a HUGE favor I am asking for your guys help. I do not just want to set them up on Craigslist, I don't want the bettas especially to go to someone who doesn't know about their care, I already was negligent enough to the poor babies, i feel sooo bad! :(

I can only adopt out to people close by. I'd ask for an adoption fee for them, since I paid a lot for their set ups and I also have 2 extra empty 2.5g's I need to sell. please pm me if you can help. I hate to sound desperate, but I am, and I don't want them to pass away before their time due to my time constraints and personal ones and me being selfish by keeping them.

So, PLEASE! help me? If anyone can it is someone on this forum.

thanks soo much! sigh..

Firefly (when his fins were nicer, I unfortunately don't have one of him now):

Firedrake (his fins are A LOT redder now not as clear, he is marble):

the 3 tank set up I have right now (I know the cories shouldn't be in a 2.5g, but I had no choice for the short term):

ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #2 
JKfish

Stay on the forums, you don't need to have bettas to participate :) .Hey, you are taking the time to make sure they go the great homes, which definately shows that you still love them even if you can't care for them. Don't feel guilty. Plus, I'm sure there are people who would absolutely love to be able to care for them.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #3 
ThePearlFish

Thanks JKfish. I feel better that I have had support in my decision. This is the first time I have decided to give up "a member of my family" so it is especially hard on me. I feel like I have given up or abandoning them, like they know me, how mean of me! but I also know in the back of my mind I am doing a good thing for them by taking responsibility to do something big and good for them even if I am adopting them out. If I can do it out of respect and love for them, it cannot be such a terrible decision for the most part.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 
nochoramet

Im so sorry! :( don't feel guilty though, you're doing the right thing. I wish I lived closer to you to help you out. You're doing the right thing, though I know it's tough...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #5 
Synthisis

dr2b sent this to me... Where abouts between MD and VA are you.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #6 
ThePearlFish

Too bad not as many people on here live nearby :P

if anyone knows anyone around the MD/northern VA area, that could be a potential adopter or could hold on to a fish till you are able to take them let me know.

eta- Synthisis, I live in Woodbridge (where my fish are) and in/around the Gaithersburg area where I could travel to MD

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 09-19-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

:( I wish I could help. If I wasn't so busy I would drive up there and get them. My sisters live in Centreville and Sterling, VA but neither of them are fish savy so they can't really help.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #8 
Synthisis

How many cories? I could toss them into my 30gal. Not literally of course lol.

I might be able to take another male... Not sure where Id put it...
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

TPF, I'm sorry you have to give up your fish but you need to do whatever you think is the right thing for you. We would love to have you here to participate in the forum even if you don't have fish. Good luck rehoming your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:44 AM   #10 
Adastra

I actually live in Centreville, Virginia. If it's an emergency, I could take one betta, maybe two if it were a temporary situation, but please be kind--I'm already at 6! I highly recommend using the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society: http://www.pvas.com/forum/index.php as a resource for rehoming your fish. These people are all local, knowledgeable, and super super nice. I'm sure someone will be able to at least take your cories. The president of the society took a bunch of guppies off my hands when my colony got out of control. You don't need a membership to attend a meeting or to have a forum membership--although the rate is very reasonable, something like $20 per year.

Last edited by Adastra; 09-20-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote