Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #21 
marbledplakat

I wish I had seen this sooner. I would've picked them up. :(
marbledplakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #22 
Adastra

Oh, well if you want the red boy, by all means. :) I'm at my capacity anyway, I was just thinking it would make things simpler--after all, what's one more fish? My friend is definitely interested in the yellow guy though.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #23 
marbledplakat

I'm no longer in the area, unfortunately.
marbledplakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

Well I don't want to make feel bad anyone. I have 7 bettas,3 jobs,go to gym 3 times a wk,I overstressed, I have 15 year old which drive me crazy and my husband who is young 45 might have cancer. And I just had big problem with my son too he was at the hospital. And I think if u have something alive u should take care of it. I wondering what happened to poor bettas if u not finds someone to give them away. I am sorry I am very stressed so I think I am mean right now which is not typically for me. I think a lot of forum people also do extra think. U have 2.5 gal tank which I have and u don't have to change every 3-5 days because u stressing them out. I change 2.5 gall every 14 days and my betta is 2.5 and 9 month old. So u don't really need a lot of time to take care of bettas. I hope u bettas will find good home. I am crazy about bettas ,and it really breaking my heart.
Sorry for being mean but I just also went to pet store and saw poor bettas dying there. So I am overstressed with everything.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #25 
JKfish

Anhel: you aren't doing enough water changes. Stressed fish aren't as bad off as sick fish in dirty water. You might want to consider looking around the forum for better betta care facts, also you donn't really know what Pearl fish has going on in her life, so don't assume you are able to preach to her. Besides, she is doing more good for her fish than it sounds like you are. ( also, if you knew you were being mean and were truely sorry, you would have found a nicer and less rude way to say what you wanted to say instead of making excuses)

Last edited by JKfish; 09-24-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: To correct grammar problems
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #26 
dub shih

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Well I don't want to make feel bad anyone. I have 7 bettas,3 jobs,go to gym 3 times a wk,I overstressed, I have 15 year old which drive me crazy and my husband who is young 45 might have cancer. And I just had big problem with my son too he was at the hospital. And I think if u have something alive u should take care of it. I wondering what happened to poor bettas if u not finds someone to give them away. I am sorry I am very stressed so I think I am mean right now which is not typically for me. I think a lot of forum people also do extra think. U have 2.5 gal tank which I have and u don't have to change every 3-5 days because u stressing them out. I change 2.5 gall every 14 days and my betta is 2.5 and 9 month old. So u don't really need a lot of time to take care of bettas. I hope u bettas will find good home. I am crazy about bettas ,and it really breaking my heart.
Sorry for being mean but I just also went to pet store and saw poor bettas dying there. So I am overstressed with everything.
^ That was a bit hard to read...in more ways than one.

Either way I think ThePearlFish is definitely taking care of her fish by making sure that her fish will go to someone that will care for them.

I hope you found an adopter!
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #27 
1fish2fish

I don't see what the point is in you trying to make TPF feel bad. We have a rant thread if you want to let off steam. That was uncalled for.

Everyone's lives are different. You are new here and obviously don't know TPF so you really have no business insinuating that she should be able to make time for her fish. She is an excellent fish owner.. ESPECIALLY since she was able to realize that she was at her limit and couldn't give her fish the best possible care. Many don't do that and their fish end up in squalid conditions. It takes a lot for a person to say "I just can do this anymore".

Also.. a 2.5 gallon tank should be changed at least once a week.. and that's only if the tank is cycled, an uncycled tank should be changed at least twice, preferably three times a week. Just because your fish has lived for 9 months doesn't mean anything.. I had a fish live for 2 years in an unheated 1 gallon bowl with weekly water changes... that doesn't mean that was healthy for him.

I'm sorry your having such troubles in your life. I sincerely hope your husband and child are ok but there's no point in trying to make TPF feel bad.

ps.. PLEASE try to use correct grammar and punctuation. It was extremely hard to read and understand your post.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

Well sorry but she was saying that she neglecing to take care of them. But if u read the post there is "the fins are kinda raggedy ,due to not able to taking care" So it get me upset. And i hope u found adopters and she found someone she can give the bettas
Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #29 
Adastra

There's nothing at all wrong with rehoming your animals responsibly if you reach the point that you aren't giving them the care you feel like they deserve. It's certainly better than allowing them to languish in poor conditions. It's not as if he or she is dropping them off at the city pound.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #30 
ANHEL123

Also if u read my post again I have 7 bettas and some of them 2.5 year old and some 9 mo old. Also i have my friends and co workers which all togather we have about 40 bettas. And 3 of my betta about 2.5 y old. 2 bettas i have them in doctor office i am working only on saturday and they live in 1 gall of tank and they are 25. y old and i changing them once a week and they in good health conditions. And one of them even make bubble nest.

Like i say i am never mean to anyone in the world and i always try to help people but i just very crazy about betta fish So i am apologisa.