Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #31 
dub shih

I take it that English is not your native language?
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

First of all, if English isn't Anhel's native language then she may not be able to find all the right words to communicate what she really means and I'm sure she didn't MEAN to be rude.Secondly, I don't think she meant that TPF was NOT taking care of her fish properly. TPF said she's got things going on in her life right now and it's been hard for her to take care of her fish the way she would like to so that's why she's adopting them out. I think what Anhel was trying to say was that if a person is unable to care for their fish properly then it's best to rehome them. I neglected my fish for awhile, too, when I was taking care of my mom after back surgery but things got better and I was able to take better care of them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #33 
Fawnleaf

Wow! I'm really sorry you have to re-home your fish! But you are doing so much more good than bad right now it's not even funny. I wish you knew how often people with fish decide it's not worth the effort to re-home them decently and but keep them, never changing water or feeding the. This makes your one of the best fish owners I know. :) Don't feel bad!

And, I'm sorry, Ahmel but I kinda agree with everyone about this. This person is trying to do a good thing by re-homing their fish so that they don't suffer. Many people's bettas are considered "ragged" but her's don't even look like them! In fact, in the pictures, they don't look even remotely scruffy or beaten up. They look pretty healthy. :) I know you were trying to do a good thing, but next time, try to assume that the person you are talking about knows what they are doing before giving them a lecture. But you had the right idea. :)

~Peace
Alissa
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #34 
metalbetta

Wow. Has this seriously become an argument?
Anhel, stress is not an excuse for being rude. Your comments were totally uncalled for. And I understand if you can't find the right words, and if I'm misinterpreting your tone, I apologize. But it's a matter of common sense. For example if I had a dog and I wasn't able to feed it or if I didn't have any time to give it the attention it needs, I would look towards rehoming it with someone who does have the proper resources. If I kept it, it would probably lead a less rewarding life.

Also, not all people are the same by any means.
Just because you are able to care for many bettas under a huge amount of stress, doesn't mean the rest of the world can. Please, think before you post. You are entitled to your opinion, and you are welcome to share it. But PLEASE don't be rude to the other members.

My two cents are put in... and...

ANYWAY--
Wish I could help out TPF but I'm in the midwest and most definitely at capacity right now. Looks like there are a few people interested though!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #35 
ThePearlFish

My green yellow boy isn't looking so hot. I need to do another h2o change for him. If he perks up after I'll give you an okay confirmation. I'd really hate to give him to her and then he pass away very soon after, that's like a double blow to her. he really needs a lot of work. regardless I will give you a pm by tomorrow at the latest.

eta- wow so much has gone on since I last checked this thread! haha. well the above was a reply for Adastra but let me re-look at all the posts since I last checked and write a new reply so no one feels left out :P

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 09-25-2010 at 07:25 AM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #36 
ThePearlFish

okay I just wanted everyone to know I have read all that was posted! ;)

Anhel- I appreciate your concern A LOT for the wellbeing of my fish. I didn't take your reply so harshly. Unfortunately, just because one person is capable of caring for many fish and has a lot going on in life doesn't mean everyone else is able to do that much too (I had this discussion with my boyfriend too the other day, because he is able to do a lot more things than I can handle so he doesn't understand why I can't either)`

I saw someone posted that in the pics my guys looked pretty good. the picture of the green/yellow was soon after I got him so yes, he is quite a bit more raggedy unfortunately :( I feel really guilty that he doesn't look so handsome anymore, but he was fine until a couple months ago when my health issue and other stresses started hitting me really hard. I am TRULY TRULY ashamed of what he is like now compared to a couple months ago. I feel like I am making excuses, but at the same time all my body wants to do right now is lie on the couch for all eternity dealing with stomach pain. I am not having a fun time.

I will post a more accurate pic of both of them today so you can see them in the 100% condition they are in. I can see why Anhel is disappointed at my description of them being "a bit raggedy" and I am ashamed, but I am CLEARLY not capable of even handling their cases of fin rot at this point. and I need to take responsibility for my actions my giving them to a home which CAN treat them like the babies they are.

Believe me, if I take an animal into my home I try to give it the best home possible. I am not the kinda person who gives up on something I love, but I am trying to look at this situation positively. Trying not to look at it as giving up, but giving BETTER for them as a good pet owner should always try to do.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #37 
luv2run21

I dont live in virginia i live in newhampshire wich is pretty far away but if you are really desprerate for homes you could mail me firedrake
luv2run21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #38 
ThePearlFish

Okay here is firefly (green yellow one). IMO He is worse off than firedrake.

Firedrake (red marble i think) his bottom fins are clear so he might look like he has less finnage in the pic on his underside and his tail and top finnage is definitely worse off IMO:

Adastra I will PM you. I would like to set up something to meet for possible adoption of one/both. (I couldn't PM you since I need to add you as a friend to my username first but I asked if I could)

luv2run- thanks so much for your offer, but I am worried they might not survive that far of a trip because they already are compromised healthwise from infection:(

Ugh i hate myself! :( i feel like the worst pet owner ever!!! rrrrrr!! I just want to rant at myself now sigh

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 09-25-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're doing the best you can and you shouldn't feel guilty. IMO your health issues should be your top priority right now. I hope you get to feeling better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #40 
Adastra

Oh, hm. He does seem a bit rotty--but that's nothing clean water shouldn't fix. I'll make sure she's still interested just for the sake of certainty, though.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote