Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #41 
ThePearlFish

thanks DQ. even though i don't have my health insurance finalized for another few weeks, yesterday I went to a health clinic close to where I live now. My parents deposited some money into my account for the clinic's expenses and a little more than $500.00 later I have gotten blood drawn, for thyroid checks a body check and a parasite test going on me (just to rule out potential causes)

The dr. says she thinks stress is a major cause of my symptoms. She agreed it is good that I dropped a college class and am trying to reduce my work hours as soon as possible. My symptoms are also a mixture of both hypo and hyperthyroidism, which confused her. I also have reptiles that have had parasites that I treated them for when my symptoms started showing up and I worked at a vet clinic too, which is why I had a parasite test done. I will have a follow up with the dr. next week (and it is free if I go back within 7 days yay!)

The dr. also gave me some pills for my abdominal issues. so we'll see if I can get things situated.

well, back on topic, I will keep everyone updated about things.

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 09-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #42 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Oh, hm. He does seem a bit rotty--but that's nothing clean water shouldn't fix. I'll make sure she's still interested just for the sake of certainty, though.
thanks for double checking for me :) , if you could add me to you list of contacts on here, if your friend is still interested, we can plan something.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #43 
ThePearlFish

Synthisis- I was wondering if you were still interested in adopting my 3 corys. If you are I'd like to see if we could set something up for you to take them. If not I might have another potential adopter, but I talked to you first about them so I just wanted to check.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #44 
Waterbottle2

Goodluck to you! I hpe everything works out
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #45 
ANHEL123

Well first of all this is for ''dub shih'' yes I am Russian and u know what u are rude too . And u know what I am able to speak, write, and translate in both languages. Plus if u would read more through or carefully u will see I wrote I have 7 bettas some of them 2.5 years old some is 9 month. So can u do the same I do? I do not have any problem write or speak both languages.

Now for everyone. Like I say I am very nice person and I understand person who looking to adapt her fish nothing wrong with that but when u still have it u have to take care of it.

And that comment to one who told that I am looking for excuses
Well all my betta is good. And I know people who has betta all of us together has about approx. 30-40 bettas. And all of them have them because of me and all of them we bought together. And I taught them to take care of them and all of them good and healthe.I will knock on wood.
And I want to tell everyone my first pt was about 4 y ago. I want to pet store to ask how to take care of betta. And the girl she still work there her betta is almost 4 y old. It must be somethink right ,because my betta happy too. And believe me I love betta a lot if it would be something wrong I would CHANGE my ethnic.
Yes I change differently then a lot of people on the forum. I change my 2.5 gall every appr 14 days, but I always live a portion of their original water. And my 1 gall bettas I change every 7-8 days.

AND UR WAY CHANGING THE WATER BETTA GETS SICK TOO. So I think both ways are fine.

I am obsessed with betta. I spend a lot of money for other people to buying bettas. And I also sent a few people medications and betta food and I still offer if I can help.

And Also everyone have right for opinion.

so u can criticize me as much as u want I don't take my words back. And I hope The PearlFish feels better and I hope the dr's can figure out what u has and how to treat u. And I hope u will find home for ur bettas
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #46 
dub shih

I was making an observation... and you have confirmed it.

You have stated probably 4 times now your resume for fish care and have definitely let us all know your 'expertise' in the field of betta care.

I think you can probably stopped posting in this thread... just as I will since we are neither adopting or helping.

TPH - I hope things are well, I didn't understand what would cause someone so much stress that they would have to give up their pets, but yours is definitely a serious reason to consider this, best of luck!
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #47 
ANHEL123

Really!!! WOW how about other people who I know and we all have about 40 betta? And for time.I wondering how old is ur betta?

my ''expertise'' let my fish and 30-40 other betta live for 2.5-2.7 years.

And the best of luck to u too.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #48 
dramaqueen
Banned

Okay guys, let's quit arguing and get back on topic please. Anhell, if I offended you by what I said, I apologise. My sister-in-law speaks German, English, French and Polish fluently and she sometimes has a hard time making herself understood. I have misunderstood several things she has said to me and took them the wrong way. But maybe the problem is with me. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #49 
ThePearlFish

wow, I didn't mean to cause such a commotion on here with my thread I just wanted to find new homes for my fishies

I just want everyone to understand that including my fish INDIVIDUALLY right now I have 11 pets. (you can see all in my siggy) That is a lot of pets even if you do count my corys as one pet and bettas as two seperate ones. I have been having some health issues, recently and I have to go to school part time and work part time, I also deal with other issues like depression, anxiety Tourette syndrome OCD and a tough relationship with my BF and keep the house clean. I decided I have to move back to MD at the end of December so my parents can have an easier time with my schooling financially. My dad hates animals and tolerates my dog only for me, He is not allowing my Reptiles to come with me. (maybe at some point I can figure out something but until then I cannot) my 2 guinea pigs are technically my BF's (he legally adopted them under his name)and he can at least take care of them and the cat somewhat since the cat we decided is both of ours together. I had to remind him that when he was overseas on business for 9 months and then more than a year after he came back I cared for the guinea pigs before I could get him to agree to taking care of my reptiles. But I know whenever I even visit I am going to have to give everyone extra care so they continue to thrive while I am away in MD.

I am trying my hardest to keep most of my animal family together, they ARE my family but it is going to be extremely tough on everyone (them, my BF and I) while I am finishing school. My BF has ZERO fish knowledge and while I trust him to care for my reptiles at least the best he can, I know my fish will kinda just be sitting there in the background, that is the other reason why I need to give them new homes after recently deciding what I want to do after this semester is over. There is no way they'd survive my VA house while I am gone.

I am not offended by anyone's comments on here, but I am just not superwoman. We sometimes have to make sacrifices in order to live life. and "sacrificing" (not meant in a mean way) my fish to BETTER homes than what they will get is a much better solution than sacificing them to potential disaster.

Anyhow, I'll keep you all updated on my process of rehoming them, please don't fight, whether or not things can or cannot be agreed upon, the only main point is to do good for our animals in the best way we can and this is not about the right and wrong of things.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #50 
ANHEL123

This msg for ThePearlFish. I am so sorry . Now I feel bad I should not be that aggressive against u. Everyone have problems and my judgment was not good.It just I love all animals and it heart me when I think something bad can happened to them. And I obsessed with betta fish.Even at home they think I care about animals more then about people.Only because people can care about themselves and animals a lot of the time get neglected.

I hope u will get better .Also always get another doctor opinion. I learn it on my family.

And I just had thoughts if I would be u neighbor I would try to help or ask my friends or co workers may be any of them can adopt ur animals. U never know may be ur neighbor can adapt.

Good luck to u.