Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #1 
bettalover2033

Talking The 360* WONDER betta! IDEA!

Hello everyone!

Im was just wondering out of curiousity how full can the halfmoon betta be in degrees of course:)?
jUST IMAGINE HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE IF A "HALFMOON BETTA WAS A FULL MOON"? YES 360* CAUDAL!
Also Has anyone ever wondered if Some breeders are trying to make the betta tails fan a full 360 degrees? This is weird you think huh?
It might be possible though. If proffessional breeders will start selectively breeding again And experimenting again instead of only getting the same tails and fins someone can create a 360* Caudal fin and that will need a new name too.

At least that wont only be a show betta but it might even be rare and hard to create Dont ya' think?
I think if someone tried, to breed selectively then they could accomplish such an amazing tail.

Some one that has TONS of experience and has been breeding for years.=D Or just someone who knows how to selectively breed and can be carefull because experimenting means lots of culls. -_-!

someone like Mr Vampire! i think he has the Experience to at least TRY!

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IT WAS JUST AN IDEA AND I WAS CURIOUS! IMO WE CAN DEFINITELY ACCOPLISH IT! DO YOU?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #2 
Bettacaleb

Its worth a shot
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #3 
PucknLoki

what, you mean the fin covering the betta's face? *is confused by the mental image of 360 degree finnage*
PucknLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #4 
nochoramet

Wouldn't that make it really hard for the betta to swim?

pucknloki, just imagine a halfmoon, but instead of it being half a circle, a full circle. like >D then >O
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #5 
Adastra

The fish would just be an extreme rosetail. Rosetail trait unfortunately goes hand in hand with an assortment of deformities--intentionally creating extreme rosetails is, in my opinion, a bad idea--verging on unethical. There is a reason the ideal show bettas are halfmoons and halfmoon plakats these days--the biggest flashiest finnage doesn't take home the prize. It has to do with balance, symmetry, color quality, and the overall health of the betta's line. Rosetails tend to come with lumpy fins, washed out color, uneven scales, and poor toplines/spinal deformities.

You should take the time to read this article on extreme rosetails: http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABRosetails.htm
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #6 
PucknLoki

Thank you nochoramet ^^
PucknLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #7 
ANHEL123

i THINK IT BAD IDIA
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #8 
Strigiformes

In the early breading that led to the first rosetails there was inbreeding. I asume that all rosetails are descendents of inbreed fish, so if someone were to "recreate" rosetails without inbreeding they MIGHT not have the bad characteristics and then a fullmoon could be safely breed. In theory.
Strigiformes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #9 
Capricorn

I've seen the over-halfmoons which can be fairly pretty, but I don't know if the fins could even be selectively bred to go that far. Even, so, I believe Ada is right. I think there are certain ones that are beautiful, but there are also many that look very awkward and messy.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Aww i was hoping to have this be a good idea:/ lol well now that you guys mention this it sounds kinda bad but i would like to see something very unique not nessassarily like that but something.

Also i just thought of if when i was in school
(not paying attention to the teach's)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote