Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #21 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Exactly this is what i mean, Everyone try to look at some positive sides of this, it doesnt have to only be of The long tailed regular halfmoons it could definitely work with plakats!

Dont you think because plakats are short finned and they have no trouble getting around their little fins or caudal.

Thanks Mr Vamp
Y'know what!! I'm spawning a DT with my HMPK female in November.....I might attempt this. Plakats having much shorter fins would make them ideal for this idea....but ONLY plakats.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #22 
CodeRed

Agreed w/ the others, it might "look" nice to us (and really, it wouldn't to me :S), fish with that big of fins would have many problems. Added weight makes it harder to get to the surface, harder to lug around, increase in tail biting, ect. ect. Take the problems that HMs have and multiply it by a bit. Cute idea, but implausible and could be considered cruel to some people. 1f2f has the right idea... instead of creating more tail types and colorations, it's time to refine what we have so that we don't lose some of the colorations because there's no direction in breeding.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #23 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Agreed w/ the others, it might "look" nice to us (and really, it wouldn't to me :S), fish with that big of fins would have many problems. Added weight makes it harder to get to the surface, harder to lug around, increase in tail biting, ect. ect. Take the problems that HMs have and multiply it by a bit. Cute idea, but implausible and could be considered cruel to some people. 1f2f has the right idea... instead of creating more tail types and colorations, it's time to refine what we have so that we don't lose some of the colorations because there's no direction in breeding.
1f2f is 100% right. There's over 20,000 different combinations of bettas already out there!! Though in plakat this tail would be amazing.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
1f2f is 100% right. There's over 20,000 different combinations of bettas already out there!! Though in plakat this tail would be amazing.
I agree with MRV!

Just think of a FMPK for a sencond because if we could actually accomplish this just think of the shows and competitions and how rare they would be (at first)

People would be drooling over these amazing tail types. Wouldnt you like one?

i say FMPK because of (Full moon)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #25 
MrVampire181

It would be. I'll try it but no guarentee, lots of work. PM me if you want to help out with this (if I decide to).
Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #26 
Learn To Fly

Wow I can't imagine a fish like that. Poor Alexander my rosetail already has a hard time swimming. I look at my other fish and they glide, not him. He struggles. I think he's biting his tail because it's so heavy :(
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #27 
nochoramet

Probably so, because I can imagine that would be very frustrating, having this big ol' thing dragging behind you, catching every slight current of the water and having to lug it around when it's bigger than your body
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

Yea so Mr V and i are thinking of something with this idea on HMPK's wish us luck!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #29 
Alex09

Good luck if you go for it :) Although I'm sure you wont be the only people that have tried to create new tail types. I imagine it would take years and several generations to get a complete 360* tail.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #30 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I saw a 270* HM on AB (forgot which breeder). IMO it doesn't look that good, poor thing. Perhaps expanding PK's spread would be more .... humane (?) instead of HM's.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote