Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #1 
dub shih

New Betta owner! :)

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a bit now and reading up on betta care. I just want to say that everyone's passion for bettas on this forum is definitely a factor in why I wanted to get a betta so badly.

I know I wanted to get a HM after seeing pictures so I kept looking at a bunch of different pet stores everday (OCD I know :P) to no avail. At one point I was contemplating buying online, but I got lucky and went to a Petco that had a betta with dark blue and green accent with black face mask. I had to have it, and so I do now.

I've always felt so sad seeing these beauties in their small little holding cells so I bought mine a 5 gal to himself. He is happier than ever and swims like crazy!

I'll be posting pictures soon!
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #2 
nochoramet

Yay! Glad you decided to join the forum and get yourself a betta :D And good for you for doing the research beforehand! 5 gallons is GREAT! And of course.... WE NEED PICTURES!! xD
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see him...he certainly sounds handsome!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #4 
Duskdog

I did the same thing. Checked every store in the area every day until I found the betta I wanted, that is. And lurking around this place fueled a new passion for bettas in me, too.

I feel silly welcoming you since I'm just as new as you are, but what the heck -- welcome anyway! Can't wait to see pics of your boy.
Duskdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #5 
dub shih

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I still need to get some better pictures of my fish... the darn thing keeps swimming away once I have it nicely framed, silly thing.

I think I was fortunate and got a younger betta... it's relatively small and just started flaring, but only for a second.

I added a marimo ball, ghost shrimp, and betta hammock yesterday... it's got more toys coming too from petco.com.

I can see how people on here can easily have 10+ haha.

Thanks again!
dub shih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #6 
ForbiddenSecrets

Welcome c: I can't wait to see a picture of your little guy <3 Hope the two of you have a great time together ^^
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #7 
Fire Cush

you have a beautiful fish forbidden secrets

does anyone know why when i got a new fish and i already had one that the one i already had died till this day i still dont know why it died can any one help it was in a doubel bowl with the ither fish i got and i didnt have the screen up to seperate them is this the cause of it PLEAS HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-23-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Fire Cush is offline   Reply With Quote