1. I read that too much brine shrimp can cause bloating. How much is too much? They are so dang tiny - am I supposed to be counting them? I defrosted a cube and sucked up a bit in a syringe - and found out they sink like stones. And how do I know if Sam is bloated? Look at him top down?
2. I also own a parrot. Someone on my bird group said that fish are a risk to the birds because fungus and bacteria from them travel through the air and can infect the bird. Is this true?
3. I have 3 live plants in Sam's home. Am I supposed to be feeding them too?
4. Can fish hear? (I assume they feel vibrations from sound). They can't learn their name can they?
5. I have a small home for Sam right now (2.5 gallons) (and yes, I am saving to get him a bigger one). I am getting conflicting info about water changes. Do I do a 100% change and clean of home? 50% more often? If it is a partial change, how do I clean the gravel? Do the plants need to be wiped down?