Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #1 
Rain Drop

You're kidding....right??

I found this on the site "Customer not always right"

It always gives me a good laugh, but some of them make me question humanity these days.....this is one of them.

Pet Store | Staten Island, NY, USA
(A young woman approaches the front register with a dead Siamese fighting fish in a cup.)
Customer: “I want a refund on my fish. All the fish I buy here keep dying! This is my 3rd replacement. I don’t understand what could be wrong except that you sell sick fish!”
Me:“I’m very sorry for that miss. I assure you we give all of our animals, including our fish, excellent care. Could you describe to me anything you noticed wrong with your fish before it passed away?”
Customer: “Well when I first get one it’s completely fine. I change the water once a week, add water conditioner, and it seems happy and healthy. Then, after a couple of weeks it starts looking really sickly and one day it just dies for no apparent reason.”
Me: “Ok, well what were you feeding it? Was it eating well?”
Customer:“Feeding it? These kind of fish eat?”
Me:“Yes of course they do. Everything needs to eat.”
Customer:“Wow, really?! I thought they just ate the water.”
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Sounds kind of fake o.o; There's multiple food types out there (with betta in the name), and if she was smart enough to use conditioner... No offense to you, of course!!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #3 
Rain Drop

It could be.....but it could also be true.
I mean, think about that whole betta in a vase thing. People thought you could just stick a plant in a vase with a betta and you would never have to do a water change, EVER because of the plant. How they worked that into some peoples mind that it's "easy logic", is beyond me, but we all know here that's soooooo not the case.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #4 
bloo97

xDDDDD

As unfortunate as that is, it's funny. x3
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #5 
Rain Drop

I know, right?
I still giggle x3
It's such a funny site, especially if you work in the customer service industry.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #6 
Jupiter

I love that site...it's hilarious, though some of the scenarios do seem fake...hopefully that one was. But I dunno, sometimes the people I see in pet stores make me doubt that.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. People can be so dumb. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #8 
Duskdog

Just when you think that no one could really be that stupid, you meet someone who actually is.

You wouldn't believe the crazy things we've had people do/say at my store. We had a lady one time who actually thought that when someone told her to use "conditioner" for her water, they meant hair conditioner. Like VO5 or something. Needless to say, her fish did not survive the experience.

And we had somebody just last night try to get a free 55 gallon tank out of us by bringing in a clearly ancient, disgustingly filthy, cracked 55 and claiming she just purchased it from us and it was faulty and leaked and killed all her fish. It had woodgrain trim, which none of the tanks in our selection have, and it had cobwebs and dead spiders in it.
Duskdog is offline   Reply With Quote