Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #1 
blumunki87

Jump for food!

I just got a betta and he's a gorgeous red crown tail with a blackish body. I've been reading on the site here about people hand feeding and getting their wonderful fish to jump and take the food that way. I would LOVE to teach Clancey how to do that. Was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to instruct me how to do so.... he's still getting acclimated to his tank so he's not that comfortable yet. I've only had him for 2 days.
blumunki87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #2 
nochoramet

Well, you might wanna give him some time to warm up to you and associate you with food. After that, it's not too hard. Just when you go to feed him, instead of dropping the food in, just hold your hand up and he'll more than likely jump for you! All of mine do. But give him a little time first. When he starts begging for food and recognizes you, you'll know you can try then.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #3 
blumunki87

Thanks for the help. Compared to you guys on here, I feel like a complete amateur. I've been getting some really good tips on how to help make Clancey's life much better and easier at my home.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #4 
nochoramet

Haha trust me, I felt that way when I first started out. And I'm by NO means an expert :P I started out with my first 2 fish in a 1/2 gallon divided in half!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #5 
blumunki87

oh my. Yea, my little guy is in a one gallon, but i don't have a heater yet. He was actually a birthday present and my mom was unaware of all the work going into it. but I have so many big ideas for him now. I'm super excited. I can't wait to watch him grow. I had a betta before named snoopy but he unfortunately passed. my coworkers have been making fun of me all day because i'm excited about clancey. hopefully i'll get it right and he'll be a happy lil guy.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #6 
nochoramet

Oh I'm sure you will :) I mean, after I found out that what i had my 2 guys in was horrible, I bought them each 1g kritter keepers for them to live in... I didn't have a heater either but you can't really keep a heater in that small of a tank without boiling the fish. They stayed in there, oh, for about 5 mos then I got my 10g tank. I had to get money first. It's a slow (money sucking) process, but all worth it in the end!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote