Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

New 125 Gallon Aquarium With Stand

Wow if you wait good thing's will come to you.. My friend was trying to trade me a 100 gallon aquarium without a hood for this 400 watt light I have that grow's coral or fresh water plants with know problem,, Very quick like... Anyway the 100 gallon aquarium was 10 year's old and really wasnt that nice so I took the 150.00 for the light.. So the biggest aquarium I have is my 75 gallon, and about a month went by and I started talking to one of the nurses in my doctor's office.. we got to talking fish and aquarium's and she stated to me she had a 2 year old 125 gallon marineland aquarium with a glass top, lighting, the stand made for the aquarium, a full under gravle filter system and all the air pump's,
plus 2) 30-60 tetra hang over filter's.... She even still had the paper work from when she bought it,, the total was 1100.00 dollars out the door.. I got everything from her for a huge 200.00 dollars!!.. Is that lucky or what, is that meant to be or what.... Here is a picture of it I will put more and better ones soon....

FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #2 
Posaune

wow, awesome! Why'd she get rid of it? Looks like it was never used either
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #3 
FloridaBettas239

she got this fish when is was a baby, like 2 inch and then it would just keep getting bigger and bigger.. She went from a 29 gallon to a 55 gallon and then to this 125.. the fish lived in it for 2.5 years and passed away.. When the fish passed away she said it was like a member of her family died she and her family was really upset they even did like as funeral thing for the fish like burred it and everything.. And she said NO more fish she didnt want any more and drained the tank, wraped it in clear wrap and put a blaket over it.. I love it and it's got the black etched glass in the corners with black silocone like the highend aquariums,, anyway I was thinking of building a saltwater system out of it.. I been throwing it around in my head,, IDK The dry sump filter system is 400 dollars double what I paid for the whole thing...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #4 
Posaune

That's too bad about their fish, but good for you :P I don't know anything about saltwater, other than the sump filter would just be the beginning. All the sand and live rock and coral and fish and water testing/conditioning/salting would probably end up costing just as much.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #5 
JorgeBurrito

Very nice, what is your plan for it?

Saltwater? Planted? Community? Cichlid? Discus? Betta? (you could have quite the sorority )

Would love something like that to do a Planted Discus tank with. Sometime when I have the time, money, and not living in an apartment maybe.

nm...just noticed you said thinking about doing salt. Your talking thousands of dollars to get a nice reef tank of that size going (filters, skimmers, lighting, live rock, corals, fish, exc.), but would be absolutely awesome.

Last edited by JorgeBurrito; 09-24-2010 at 12:36 AM.
JorgeBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #6 
1fish2fish

I'd kill to find a deal like that. I'd do some sort of large freshwater tank (most likely Discus.. maybe some other Cichlid). I'm just not a saltwater person.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #7 
FloridaBettas239

Yeah my best friend has 4) Saltwater tank's,, A 20 gallon long live rock fish only a 55 gallon reef tank and a 190 gallon reef tank... Just in the 55 he has 2,000.00 dollar's into it, you dont wan't to know about the 190 gallon... But yeah I know how expensive it can be, I own a small pressure cleaning business so I have a little money to throw around, But My plan is to let that tank sit for a little while and slowly buy the stuff to make it saltwater, In the mean time to get my feet wet with saltwater and learn everything hand's on I am going to take a 20 gallon long and do a live rock fish only system, then start adding a some reef here and there to get used to it. Then I will do the 125 gallon so im not testing on a huge 125 and if I lose fish or coral from the 20 long it will only be about 80.00 dollars but if I was to lose fish and reef on the 125 I would be loseing thousand's.. I already know a good bit from hanging around with my friend but I want to learn hand's on with a smaller tank then work my way up.. But all this is in the future, Right now I am working on my new betta drip system so I can start holding 50 to 75 bettas in fresh water daily by them self so know risk of fighting and know water getting nasty and having to change it everyday.. Just change the water in the sump every 2 weeks.. But I just couldn't pass up that deal 200.00 that is a steal.. I paid 169.00 for my 55 gallon aquarium kit and thats know stand know gravle nothing.. This 125 is almost 3 times the size of my 55 and it came with everything.. I just couldn't let it go, Im so lucky she didn't put it on craigslist or it would of been gone fast... I was just so happy about it last night I had to share with everyone...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #8 
FloridaBettas239

I love saltwater,, Specially when it's a really nice display tank.. It's like a part of the ocean is in your house,, It's so beautiful.... Even if it's a little 20 gallon with 2 clown's its beautiful...
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

I love looking at them but I don't want to maintain one LOL
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #10 
Posaune

Sounds like you'd go about it in a good way, a little bit at a time. I love saltwater tanks too, but I'd be too nervous trying to maintain one (at least right now, maybe I'll look into it when I"m out of college and am settled:P). You really got an awesome deal with that tank, I would've done the same, told everyone I could that would care to listen LOL. The biggest I have is an old 55 gallon that I got for $30 from a cousin. It came with a stand, both hoods, two large ornaments, and all the rocks. It used to house her moms koi or goldfish during the winter, but I guess they got too big for it. Fine with me :P I"ve got 4 goldfish in it now (it's at my parents house right now). It used to have 5 in it, but the fifth I think was mentally disabled. It was runty and have a really funny looking body and head. It eventually died, though I'm surprised it last as long as it did, it was kinda spacey so I wasn't sure if it bothered eating. The tank I think will be retired to non-aquatic animals after the goldfish pass, or semi aquatic. It holds water (obviously) but it's old, so I don't want to push it.

Last edited by Posaune; 09-24-2010 at 09:45 AM.