I know many people hate algae because it is unsightly. But is it detrimental to the fish or the aquarium system? Is algae toxic? can it kill a fish? Or is it like any other plant? (photosynthesis, absorptioon of ammonia, etc...
I had some ugly brown diatoms forming on the glass and rocks so I woped that off. Right now I have a little bit of (a nice bright green color) hair algae on my driftwood that I left alone. It truth,I like the way it looks. Makes it look more natural. I noticed that its bubbling like crazy. It is constantly releasing tiny (absolutely tiny) bubbles. Are these oxygen bubbles? If it is, then thats good isnt it?
I dont plant on letting my tank get overgrown with algae. But if it's not dangerous, I wont mind having a little of it here and there.