Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #11 
FloridaBettas239

It's like just how there is a bad name on pit bull's, If a pit bull saved someone's life you wouldn't hear about it but if it was to bite someone omg its all over world wide.. People put this false info out there or because they had a bad experince they make saltwater seem so hard...
It can be just as easy as fresh water, It just depends on how far you want to go just like having a co2,, really all out planted tank can be as hard or harder to care for then fish alone.. Anyway you can set up a saltwater aquarium with just a fish only... No live rock, No reef's, so now you dont have to get special light's. You just need a really good filter, I have seen saltwater aquariums run off a sponge filter,, mabey something to make some good water flow for the fish and some live sand.. Then all you have to do is test for 1 extra thing then you have to with freshwater, When you get into live rock and reef's then not only does it get expensive but you have to step up to a protine skimmer a U.V filter and test for 2 more things making it a total of 3 more thing's your testing for then fresh water..
But as long as you understand the bio cycle of an aquatic system, Once you understand what water changes do, And you learn about the different types of water and understand R.O water vs water that has went threw a water softener then you will not have a problem with saltwater... Now day's you can go buy the 12 and 20 gallon nano tank's that run them self. Everything is built in the whole thing is reef ready...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #12 
FloridaBettas239

this is what my 75 gallon look's like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGVbiNlZoyQ
Old 09-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #13 
Jayy

Congrats on the 125gal. If I got a tank that big it would be a commuity no doubt about it. I love freshwater fish. I don't think I could keep saltwater fish alive. they're also a arm and a leg price wise for a 13 year old
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #14 
Jupiter

That's a great deal! I'd love a big tank like that...I'd keep a freshwater eel in it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #15 
FloridaBettas239

Thank you everyone, I am so happy. I can't wait to have it up and going, I am just going to keep buying a little here and a little there. Like buy a protein skimmer one month, A wet dry system the next and the coral life light system the next and so forth. Until I have everything then I will just do a live rock tank for a month and then add some fish here and there. Once there all in there and there's know ick or anything then I will start putting the reef's in..
Old 09-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #16 
Kitty Whiskers

WOW! That is an awesome tank! Lucky you
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote