Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #1 
Jupiter

New boy!

My little no name passed last night, and I felt terrible for him and had troubles sleeping last night.

But this morning I woke up, the sun was shining, my other two bettas were doing well! And I felt like it was time to rennovate my tank. Also, I noticed that I really needed to get on changing the water since I hadn't in about 10 days.

Anyway, I realized I was very low on water conditioner...

Off to Big Al's and Petsmart...

I told myself that I'd TRY not to get a betta...unless I REALLY loved him. Big Al's had some nice dalmations, but nothing really special.

But at Petsmart, they had something interesting! There was a tiiiny white and yellow Crowntail! Which is really odd for Petsmart...I picked him up, but then behind him there was another one! They must have been siblings. The boy behind him was a bit bigger, with longer fins. But it was his face that struck me-it was kind of tiny compared to other bettas I had, but soo cute! He has little black button eyes. He's white, yellow, and blue. So yes, I snatched him up and brought him home! He is so cute. He's been staring raptly at his reflection since I got him. Maybe I should name him Narcissus?

Anyway, I also did a little changing to the tank too! I felt that Gemma didn't really care for her decor, so I made her a really cute garden themed section! Then I changed Othello to the middle because I wanted to give him a bit of change-he's had the same plants and decor since I got him. I just feel a bit bad because I couldn't transfer the floating plants over, since his portion has the filter. He really liked them. The new boy's got Othello's old side!

I'll try to get some picture tomorrow!

Last edited by Jupiter; 09-24-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #2 
fleetfish

I live in Ottawa too!
Heheh cool. I might go and pick the other CT up ... is the store in the east or west end? Oh and congrats on the little one, it seems he was waiting for you :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #3 
Jayy

He sounds very nice! I can't to see him.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
I live in Ottawa too!
Heheh cool. I might go and pick the other CT up ... is the store in the east or west end? Oh and congrats on the little one, it seems he was waiting for you :)
Oh, cool! He's at the Petsmart that's close to Big Al's on Blaire & Innes. Hope you get him, I felt bad that I could only choose one!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

He sounds beautiful! I can't wait for pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote