Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #1 
BettaMiah

Apologizing for being a, well, a butt.

I have made many people very mad at me. I have only been on this site for a few weeks, yet I have caused so many problems. I have been cocky and rude, but I want to tell y'all that I only meant well. I'm really sorry and I absolutely do not expect you to forgive me in any way. In fact, tell me what I can change. Stomp on me for what I did if you want. I am just really sorry. I didn't mean to be rude but I know now any existing 'friends' I had are now fed up with me. I have been called on, I know, and it did hurt my feelings. But whatever. Again, i'm sorry. And I'll leave if y'all want. That way I can stop causing anger and trouble. Though I would stay if I could have friends. I really want to just say sorry for those who I made feel bad and those that I angered. I'm sorry for talking back, for holding my ground when it wasn't mine in the first place.

I'm sorry.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #2 
Banicks

I have rarely spoken to you, or commented on anything you have because you do seem quite abrasive albeit arrogant towards other members of these forums whether they be experienced or novice. I’m not even sure if this is an honest apology or a grab for further attention because of the responses to EverythingNice55 (http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=82065)

I can only strongly recommend that now you recognise these problems, you attempt to self-improve for the future. It may take some time but people may come around again, unfortunately in life, first impressions count.

Just relax more, accept that some people may not agree with you, and you may not agree with them. Some people have incorrect or inaccurate information, but that doesn’t mean you can treat them badly.

Good luck.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #3 
doggyhog

It takes a strong person to apologize. Thank you, and just remember that everyone makes mistakes in their life time.

We all do things that we regret.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #4 
BettaMiah

Banicks- I know. I need to work on that.

I am prepared for everyone to call me an attention hog. I know its going to happen. Whatever. I don't care what they THINK.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

Dont apologize and go right back to what you're "apologizing" for.

To do so is to be defeated by yourself. To be a better person is to look inward at what irks you most, rend it away, and become better for it.

Try to stay away from remarks like the ones in the post before this one. They come across as what youre trying to avoid. (Imma Trying to help)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #6 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
I have rarely spoken to you, or commented on anything you have because you do seem quite abrasive albeit arrogant towards other members of these forums whether they be experienced or novice. I’m not even sure if this is an honest apology or a grab for further attention because of the responses to EverythingNice55 (http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=82065)

I can only strongly recommend that now you recognise these problems, you attempt to self-improve for the future. It may take some time but people may come around again, unfortunately in life, first impressions count.

Just relax more, accept that some people may not agree with you, and you may not agree with them. Some people have incorrect or inaccurate information, but that doesn’t mean you can treat them badly.

Good luck.
I pretty much agree with Banicks (<33333)

In addition, a few members who have told you to (nicely) calm down have only received a smack down from you and/or half hearted apologies.

There is NOTHING wrong with having your own opinion about the care of your fish, just be willing to accept that not everybody will agree with you. As I told EverythingNice55; don't just reject everybody's opinion and stuff your head into the ground. You won't learn by closing your eyes and ears.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #7 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
Banicks- I know. I need to work on that.

I am prepared for everyone to call me an attention hog. I know its going to happen. Whatever. I don't care what they THINK.

Okay wow okay. So you're apologizing, yet you don't care what we think? Then what is the point of this post?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #8 
BettaMiah

I know. I don't like it when people tell me to calm down. It makes it worse and I get defensive. I need to work on that but I don't know where to start.

bahamut- This isn't to make you think better or worse of me. It is to apologise to those who I was mean to. And what I mean by that is I don't care if they THINK I just want attention or not.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #9 
TheCrysCat

"...If I could have friends..."

Then basically, don't snark at people. If you want advice on how to change, there's mine. That's a lot of the reason why I've gotten annoyed over the past few weeks. Unless you're going to add something constructive, there's really no reason to post, either.

Also, remember that a lot of times it's best to just say "Okay, I was wrong, and I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused," than to defend a point that has been proven wrong. I hope that you can find it within yourself to begin working out any issues.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #10 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
I know. I don't like it when people tell me to calm down. It makes it worse and I get defensive. I need to work on that but I don't know where to start.

bahamut- This isn't to make you think better or worse of me. It is to apologise to those who I was mean to. And what I mean by that is I don't care if they THINK I just want attention or not.
If you don't care what we think then why would you bother to "work on that"?

People on this forum care for both the owner and the bettas, so it's rather insulting of you to not care about us back. Getting all uppity and defensive will get you nowhere in both life and social circles.

In any case, I can sense that you're already getting upset by our continual posts, so I think I'm going to stop wasting my breath; lest you lose yourself again