Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #1 
Imabee

New proud betta owner!

Wow this is great site. I've learned sooo much about my new little fish. I've had him for two weeks, he seems to be doing well. He's soo gorgeous, dark blue and red with very long fins. He's in a 2 gallon bowl with a little heater (keeping it at 78) right now but as soon as we move next month he's getting a much deserved 10 gallon aquarium. These fish are so smart, I had no idea! He greets me every time I come into my office and watches me. Tracks my finger around and pretty much very interested in what I'm doing. Today he made the biggest bubble nest, so I guess that means he's happy. Thanks to all of you and all of the good advice that is on this site for newbies like me! I really need to come up with a name for him!
Imabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #2 
Alexanderismylife

Welcome to the forum! :] Bettas are for sure great pets! They really know how to wrap their little fins around our hearts! LOL He will for sure love a 10 gallon home! Sounds like your taking very good care of your new friend! That's great to know! As for names I'm not too good with! But someone else might be able to come up with some names! I'd love to see some pics of him though!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #4 
SilverCaracal

Welcome to the forum!!
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #5 
binumee

Hi,
It's nice to hear that people have started to collect Betta Fish a lot - infact these poor fish are not been taken care at the aquarium shop like other fish - i just came to know from a aquarium shop owner that these fish in a small poly pouch can stay alive without food for a week - when i heard this from the owner i felt really sorry for the fish so i bought the all betta fish from them to make them free from all clutches. For them its business.
binumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Bettas are so smart. I'm always amazed by their intelligence. I used to play games with my bettas and I always mix up the decorations with each water changes....helps them with mental stimulation.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote