Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #1 
Astasia

Could Armani have a snail friend?

Or, more generally speaking, can a betta and a mystery snail coexist happily and safely?

Our handsome betta, Armani, has been living with us for about nine months and has seemed to enjoy having various aquatic plants in his tank, but, recently, we've considered that perhaps a snail could just add all sorts of awesomeness.

The tank is 2 gallons, heated, with gravel and a bamboo plant. We waste our money on buying special fish water and then still go ahead and chemically condition it and add aquarium salt. Our tank does not have a cover of any sort that we keep on it. (I'm not sure if any of these specs matter - the pet store says that the snails only need a 1 gallon tank, but they also would tell you that bettas don't need heaters and could live happily in a half gallon tank, so, who knows if they have any idea what they are talking about.)

Advice and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :)
Astasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #2 
Alex09

2 gallons is kind of small ans snails poop ALOT so I wouldn't recommend it. The "betta water" is a rip off as well. Just a gimmick. If you condition tap water you'll get the same thing...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #3 
Waterbottle2

Hi snails actaully do poop quite a bit you might want to consider ghost shrimp maybe like 2? Also if it is a real bamboo plant I think it will eventaully rot in your tank :(
But I'm sure someone else will come along more knowledgeable than me and give you clearer/better info.
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote